The truth is unacceptable!

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or anything related to it except for my OC and unrelated plots in this. I also do not own any pictures.
___________________________________________________________________________________  

It was strange.

Ren stood by the kitchen's entrance, waiting for Shiki to show up, but she wasn't and it was almost time to prepare for lunch, even though he only knew her for a very short while, he could tell that she would do her work as told, judging by how yesterday went and how early she came for this morning. He waited for a few more minutes but fidget when 5 minutes gone past and his assistant still hadn't shown up.

Untying his half apron and putting it aside, he began his search for the black haired woman, going in her room when no one replied, leaning his ear against the door to the showers but heard silence and eventually searching the whole ship.

"Where is she?" he groaned on his knees, trudging his way to the infirmary, knocking on it.

He entered when he got permission only to regret coming here when he saw how busy the Captain looked.

"What is it?" Law questioned with a frown, putting down his scalpel and stepping away from his experiment.

Ren scratched the back of his head, breaking into a cold sweat, he hoped that he wouldn't be Law's next experiment if he asked a stupid question, "I can't seem to find Shiki, and I checked everywhere on the ship, even the storage room..." he trailed off when he saw how displeased the Captain looked.

"What was she last doing?" he almost growled, already being in a foul mood. Having been interrupted during his 'experiment' only to find that a member of his crew was missing in his ship in the middle of the ocean didn't help brighten his mood, especially when a specific woman wouldn't address him as 'Captain'.

Ren gulped, avoiding his gaze, "I-I don't know, I o-only remember you telling her to go to your room after breakfast."

The Dark Doctor let out a frustrated sigh, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"By the way, Captain," Ren quietly said, scared that if he spoke any louder, he would feel his wrath, "Was there something wrong? I felt the ship surfaced, then after a few minutes, we submerged again."

A displeased frown appeared on Law's face, "I told Shiki-ya to tell Bepo to surface the ship up." he didn't notice that they had submerged again, being too immersed with dissecting his specimen to notice. He then started to have a bad feeling and his eyes widened. "There's a small chance... but it's very unlikely..." he quickly ran out the door, surprising Ren.

"Captain?!" Ren shouted, running after him.

"Go and get the door to the deck ready!" Law ordered, as he ran towards the control room, shouting for them to quickly resurface.

Ren looked confused before suddenly realizing, "She couldn't be..."

The Chef anxiously waited for the sub to surface and when it did, he quickly took a hold of the hatch wheel only to find it was harder to turn than usual, "Why is it so hard to turn it?!" with a battle cry, he used all his strength to turn it, gritting his teeth when it slowly turned.

As soon as he got it open, he heard his Captain pacing towards him. Pushing the door opened he froze and stared with a blank face when he saw a drenched-looking Shiki casually mopping the wet deck.

"Shi-" he stopped when he saw Law go pass him, a dark look on his face.

Shiki looked up when a shadow blocked her sun. She blinked when she saw a very annoyed look on Law's face... or was he angry? "Law... you look angry. Why?" she asked, unfazed as drips of water fell from her face, she then noticed Ren by the door, looking concerned and worried. Why was he there? Was it... "Is it already time to start preparing lunch?" was that why Law was angry? Because she was late for her job.