Special Friends and older

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or anything related to it except for my OC and unrelated plots in this. I also do not own any pictures.
___________________________________________________________________________________

"Vice Admiral Shiki!" Leo called throughout the halls of Marine HQ with a letter in his hand, trying to find his Vice Admiral. He sighed and scratched the back of his head, trying to think where she could've gone to.

She wasn't in her office, just a bunch of untouched paperwork that wasn't too important sitting on her desk that he took the liberty to finish it for her, because let's face it, Shiki wasn't going to do them, not now or ever, so why should she start now? Leo was beginning to think he only got in her squad so she could pass the paperwork to him.

As he moved pass other marine soldiers, Leo suddenly thought of a place he hadn't checked yet.  Quickly turning to the side, he hopped onto an open window sill, scaring a few soldiers walking by into shock.

"O-Oi, what are you doing?" a fellow soldier called out.

Leo didn't answer and just jumped up, clutching onto the tiles on the roofs and pulled himself up.

"... Weird..." the same soldier muttered, shaking his head and moving on, pretending that he saw nothing.

_________________________________________________________________________________

He was right to have guessed that the Vice Admiral was lounging on the roofs. Leo carefully walked towards her, cautions of his steps.

"Vice Admiral Shiki!" he called, getting her attention.

Blinking her eyes opened, Shiki turned her head to him, "Leo." she greeted.

"Here," he handed her the unopened letter, "this came for you."

Nodding her thanks, Shiki took the letter out, though as soon as she took it out, she could immediately see that it wasn't much of a letter, but more of an invitation. 

Sitting up, she pushed herself up and walked off the roof, one hand grabbing edge of it before swinging herself through the open window.

Leo following suit.

"Ah, excuse me for asking, but is something wrong?" he asked, carefully swinging back inside the window, causing by-walkers to jump in surprise.

"Nothing, just an invitation to an open wedding." Shiki stated, walking in the direction of where the Fleet Admiral's office is, giving him a heads up. 

Leo was surprised, "Eh? Whose wedding?"

"Sister Karrie."

"You have a sister?"

Shiki waved the notion away, "This one a church sister." she clarified, "She was the one who looked after me when I was in the orphanage." she stated flatly.

Leo was about to apologize, but stopped himself when he stared at her. If his Vice Admiral didn't look bothered about it, he shouldn't as well.

Knocking on the door, Leo waited outside the door while Shiki entered with permission.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Having gotten permission to go (with the excuse that it was work related), Shiki set off with her men coming along as well, heading for a four day trip to Rose City.

Not a bad place to get married. 

The place was said to be full of life, decorated with the freshest of roses there were, and sweet melodies floating in the air, it was a happy place for couples but an awkward place for singles.