27. The Fustration.

Chapter 27- The Fustration.

"It looks so expensive Michael." I said in panic. It's red and black interior looked romantic, classy and beautiful. But of course, this meant the food was going to be expensive and the price of just sitting there was going to be high. I knew it.

"I told you not to worry about it." Michael scolded. We were still standing outside of the restaurant just looking in awe at the building and taking in the scents of high quality food with temptation. "Come." Michael finally stated before pulling me along to the entrance doors without another word from me.

As soon as we stepped foot onto the black tiled flooring, the scent of something beautiful hit our noses with so much power. It felt like it was pulling me in, pulling me into heaven. The restaurant looked amazing with the candles dimly lit, giving the place a romantic yet eerie feel.

I thought Michael was going to lead me to a table just like the other couples. I thought he was going to take me to the free table we passed. But what confused me and also surprised me was the fact that he led me to the fire exit doors. From then on, all I saw was a rack of stairs, metal stairs at that. I didn't know where he was taking us, but I was dying to know.

Michael started climbing the metal stairs which were out in the open, but of course had railings and protective barriers to stop us from falling. I followed after him taking a step at a time. In all honesty, I was scared I would fall. I never did like heights.

"It's just this way." Michael stated while tugging me up the stairs after him.

After a couple more steps, Michael was finally at the top. And then so was I. The sight shocked me, we were not down stairs with the other couples, we were on top of the restaurants roof.

On this roof was a table with two chairs, a vase of flowers and two plates of food. There was no candles, obviously as it was the afternoon, they would not be seen, and also they would blow out and be whisked away with the wind.

"This is gorgeous." I said. The view was amazing. The people walking or driving bellow us looked like miniature people, or maybe even ants.

We were so high up, I felt powerful, like I could conquer the world. I had never felt like this before, I had always felt bellow everyone else, I had always felt small, weak and useless. But here, right now, for the first time I felt strong, big, powerful and needed, that someone being Michael.

"It is isn't it? I know a guy who works here, I asked him if I could pay for a roof top reservation and I guess we got one." Michael mused while holding his arms out to emphasise his point.

"It's amazing. Thank you." I thanked. Michael turned to me and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. He rested his head on top of mine and inhaled.

"You don't need to thank me. You deserve this, you deserve everything I give you." Michael replied. I smiled into his chest.

"You're the best." I specified. Michael chuckled.

"So are you." Michael let his hand rest at the bottom of my back, that's where he led me over to the seat and pulled it out for me.

"You know, you are the most reserved person I know." Michael said while looking at me closely with focused eyes. I felt self conscious and bare under his gaze, it was intense.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He said I was reserved? I wasn't reserved, I just didn't spread my private life about. That's not who I was and to be honest, I didn't want to relive memories and have to go through them again. I knew I had to tell Michael someday, but no yet.

"Well..." Michael breathed. "I don't really know much about you. I can read your emotions and sometimes the emotions that fleet across your eyes upset me. It's cheesy and stupid I know, but the pain or sadness I see in your eyes just really get to me. I've been trying to make you happy, there's nothing I want more. I can see happiness in your eyes more often and I love that, but the negative emotions are still there." He sat back in his chair and turned his head in a scrutinising way.