1. The Start.

Chapter 1- The start

One single tear was let free. It had freedom, it's own right. It could vanish off the face of the earth in a heartbeat.

Whereas, I was abused, beaten, raped and kept isolated. I had to obey to every stinking rule he ever made, I had to go along with whatever he said or came up with. I wasn't me, I was like his own controlled little robot...His own toy that he could kick around whenever he wished.

The start of our relationship was magical, there was not one thing he wouldn't have done for me. I thought of him as perfect. But I guess that's what he wanted, he built up trust just to smash it in to smithereens afterwards.

Why me? I keep asking my self. Oh, I know why, because I was too in love, too naive and too damn stupid to even see that he was delusional. It's all my fault and no one can save me but myself.

Suddenly the door burst open with so much force the house shook slightly. He sauntered his way over to me with a smirk on his face. His eyes gleamed with so many promises and decisions it made me sick to the stomach with fear. His hand came down to fist a handful of my tattered hair. I whimpered in pain and alarm.

"Are you crying?" He asked softly. I shook my head.

"N-no Jake," I replied. His hand tightened around my hair, causing me to nearly shriek out in affliction. His eyes became darker telling me that he was becoming angrier.

"Don't lie to me." He said through gritted teeth. He then brought his hand back and slapped me across the face so hard my head whipped to the side. I shakily brought my hand up to cup my stinging and burning cheek.

"What do we say about bitches who lie eh?" He asked.

"Bitches who lie get hurt." I said with as much confidence as I could muster. Why am I letting him do this to me? Why can't I be strong enough to hit him back, kill him, report him? Anything to get me out of this. I was mentally screaming, my body was screaming. I had more cuts and bruises on my body than I did plain skin.

"Good girl. Now go and make me dinner." He demanded. I hurriedly got up and scampered to the dirty, run down kitchen. The counters were covered with filth and dust. The paint was flaking off the walls and the floor was like dry mud under my feet. I hated the feeling, but I had to live with it. I didn't have socks, that would be counted as a luxury. I didn't get luxuries.

I got the rice from out of the cupboard and poured it into a bowl. It was the only thing here to make. I then began to make the rice the best I could. It was exceptionally hard, the kitchen was like a bomb shell. And there wasn't many appliances either.

When I finished making dinner, I laid everything out on the small table and stood beside it waiting for Jake. I knew better than to shout for him or tell him it's ready, he thinks I control him when I do that. He likes to make his own decisions, on his own accord.

After a couple more minutes of waiting, he finally emerged in just his jeans. I had to admit, he had a sexy body with his six pack and tanned skin. Girls would be falling onto their knees, kissing his feet, thinking he was God with a body like that. But only I knew who he really was and what he was like underneath, and that was pretty ugly.

My parents died when I was 15 and left me with him. He was supposed to be my guardian angel, my parents trusted him to look after me, even though I was capable enough to look after myself. Brilliant chose mom and dad, absolutely brilliant, you left me with an abusive, mental maniac. I was happy at first, being left with someone as hot as Jake, I was even ecstatic when he asked me to be his girlfriend a couple of years later. Things just went down hill from there. I haven't been close to happy ever since.