6. The comfort.

Chapter 6-the comfort.

I had been crying for what seemed like hours. I was officially all out of tears, curled up into a ball on the concrete floor. I'm still not 100 per cent why I actually cried as much as I did in the first place. I have my mind set up on embarrassment, that's what it was.

It was just instinct, I've been anxious ever since I left and it's been taking over my every thought. As soon as I see a man with some resemblance of Jake, my mind just thinks it's him without a second thought.

I started to shiver violently from the cold. The concrete was hard on my back, but it didn't bother me the slightest. The cold winds were blowing against my vulnerable, curled up body and my throat was beginning to hurt, like twenty pins scraping against the raw, inside flesh.

"Lexi? Lexi! Where are you?" I heard a deep, masculine voice float with the wind. "God damn Lexi! Please! Where are you?" Michael shouted louder this time.

I couldn't let him see the state I'm in, I'm vulnerable now, I'm a mess now. Not that it makes a difference really, I'm always going to be a mess.

I held in my breath. It brought so many memories back, memories I wish I could forget. I kept dead silent and still.

His footsteps became louder and I knew he had found me in this dark lane. I haven't moved an inch, yet he found me. His blue eyes visible even in the darkest of blacks.

"Lexi!" He breathed a sigh of relief before his face filled with concern.

"Michael," I whispered. My eyes became teary again and without realising, a tear slid down my cheek. He instantly moved towards me and reached out to hug me. I inched away. He stiffly moved his hands to his sides before going down on his knees to my level. Hurt flashed through his eyes but was gone before I could make sure.

"What happened?" He whispered. I shrugged my shoulders while sobbing silently into my hands.

"Nothing happened," I answered.

"Everything happened Lexi, just tell me," Michael pleaded. I shook my head.

"Nothing happened okay? I'm fine," I snapped.

"Lexi," Michael sighed. I could feel his warmth by my body and before I could register what happened, I was in his arms. I pushed him off quickly. My body was tingling and I didn't like it one bit. Once I was away from him, I looked at his face. His hands were in his hair and his eyes were crinkled with anxiety and concern.

"Why won't you you let me comfort you?" He said quietly.

"I just can't," I answered back. His shoulders sagged and he laid his head on his tucked up knees.

"Why Lexi? What's wrong with you?" Michael asked. I quickly put my hands on the floor and brought myself to stand.

"Nothing is wrong with me okay? You don't know nothing!" I shouted. He flinched slightly but recovered and stood up to tower over me. His height was slightly intimidating. He was taller than Jake, and he looked much stronger. And that scared me. Was he capable of hurting me too?

"I just wanted to help," Michael said angrily.

"I don't need your help, or anyone else's help for that matter," I whispered. I was angry, cold, hungry and thirsty.

"Come on, Lexi," he said exasperated.

"I don't need help, Michael, okay? Leave me alone," I said in a low tone.

"No," he whispered. "I won't and I can not leave you here, so I'll take you home." Michael said not even disguising the sadness in his voice. I dragged myself out of the lane and made my way to the car park, trailing after Michael.