3. The mystery man.

So I did this chapter then it went! Like literally vanished.

I was absolutely fuming. So sorry for the late update everyone, it was wattpads fault, don't like it? We can complain:) anyway, follow me, I follow back you know:) don't believe me?Even check.

Goodnight, or morning...or even afternoon. Love you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3-The mystery man.

Me and Brooke hauled ourselves into a cab after our long shift was over. You would never believe how busy Brooklyn's Cafe actually became in the afternoon. The place was heaving, lines were getting bigger and staff had to be called in for extra help. It was clear to say that Brooklyn's cafe was a big hit in this town. It deserved all it got though, the food was amazing and so was the staff. Brooke was a wonder to work with, she was a very good boss. She told me how to work the machines and how to communicate with the customers correctly.

After six hours of work, it was safe to say I was physically exhausted. Fatigue washed over me like a wave. There was nothing I wanted more than to just curl up and fall asleep in a large, plump bed.

"You sure it's okay that I stay? I mean, I don't want to be a burden to you." I said anxiously. Deep down I didn't want her to kick me out onto the streets, but I felt extremely guilty taking a room I could hardly afford. She sighed in frustration.

"Lexi, how many times? It's fine! I want you there, I need a friend. Building up the cafe had lost me a few friends, I need girl time. I'm still young you know? I feel lonely sometimes." She explained. The guilt eased slightly. She wanted me there just as much as I wanted to be there.

"Tell me more about this town then." I said. I might as well know about the place I'm staying at.

"Well, we're quite a tight knit community, everyone gets a long just fine with one another. There are a few stuck up, rich people on the way, but we stick up for our own. We're all good people" Brooke stated. Suddenly, she gasped and grasped my upper arm. I flinched and my heart began pounding in my chest.

"The boys here...there are a few sexy boys here. They are like gorgeous!" She said dreamily. She let go of my arm and I visibly relaxed. I trusted Brooke, I just don't want anyone touching me. It brings back memories and I just didn't like it.

The cab then came to a stop. Brooke handed the cab man a few notes then opened the door and got out into the humid air. I followed her and stepped foot onto the concrete. Thank god Brooke gave me a pair of spare shoes.

Brooke made her way into the large apartment building. I followed her into the lobby. It was a beautiful looking lobby with red and cream walls and large mirrors dotted around in places. I was instantly excited to see the apartment, I wondered if Brooke's apartment was as nice as the lobby itself.

I followed Brooke to the large golden elevators. Brooke gave a sharp nod to the security and the lady at the desk as a greeting before stepping foot into the elevator. She sighed and laid her head back on the wall.

"How about I make us tea?" She asked. I nodded eagerly.

"Yes please." I replied. My belly was growling for food. I needed a proper dinner. Jake would only ever let me have rice or bread, on special occasions he would offer me crisps. My diet was very poor, I even became ill at one stage.

After a couple more seconds, the elevator pinged indicating that we was now on our designated floor. We both stepped foot into the hallway. I followed Brooke to a large, wooden door. She dug through her bag to find her key. When she finally found it she unlocked the door and stepped to the side to let me through first.