Chapter 16

Hello! Here's another chapter!! The new cover is by @awk0perf12345! She's my best friend, and she's also writing a story, so go follow her and check out her stories!! Anyway, enjoy this chapter!

I closed the book The time traveler's wife, and hastily wiped a tear away. It was such a beautiful ending. I sighed as I let the entire story sink in. Then I put the book away to a separate stack that I chose will be the finished stack. I looked at the unwatched/unread stack, and flicked out the movie Eternal Sunshine in the Spotless Mind. I grinned widely. What a glorious movie! I watched it so many times, but it was so amazing I would never get bored of it. I wanted to get up and go put it in the DVD player, I remembered I couldn't get up and walk the short distance to the TV. I sighed and pushed the button to call a nurse over.

A minute later, the head nurse that had a good humor came in.

"Hi Jenny. What can I help you with?" She asked with such a kind voice.

"Can you please put this movie in the DVD player? I can't walk..." I looked at her with an apologetic smile. I shouldn't, but I felt guilty making her come all the way here just to put a movie in the DVD player. For all I know, she could be saving lives!

But instead of giving me any kind of snarky remark, she smiled at me. "Of course, dear. It must be so hard not to be able to walk." I nodded shortly, and handed her the movie.

"Oh, Eternal Sunshine! I love this movie!" She smiled. I then forgot all about feeling guilty. I broke out in a huge grin.

"Me too! It's so interesting, and I can watch it a million times and not get bored!" She smiled.

"You, my dear, have a great taste in movies." She said, smirking.

"So do you." I said, laughing. She walked over to the TV and inserted the movie in. The Advertisement started, and she handed me the remote if I wanted to skip it.

"If I weren't working, I'd be watching this with you." She said, watching the TV with desire.

"I wish you'd watch it with me." I always liked having company when I watched movies, even though I won't talk to them throughout the movie. She laughed at that.

She was about to walk away, when I called out to stop her. She turned towards me, and looked at me, a little questioningly.

"Um...thanks, Wanda." I said, looking at her tag that had her name printed in gold letters.

"You're welcome." She smiled, and shut the door behind her.

I skipped all the ads about movies that were coming out soon. I pressed play when the menu came out, and I watched as Jim Carrey woke up from his bed. Now that I watched it again, it all made sense how the story came to be, and it sent a shiver down my spine because it was so well-constructed. I bet Brody would also like this movie. I thought, and my chest became heavy. I missed Brody so much it hurt. Even though we broke up, I still love him. I heaved a big sigh and concentrated on the movie.

After the movie ended, instead of calling Wanda so she can take the movie out, I snuggled into my bed. I didn't really get to sleep because I was up all night reading The Time traveler's Wife.  I turned the TV off and dozed off.  

My week flew by with the continuous of that.  I read, watched movies and TV shows, did the home work Romie brought to me, and I also read my script for Grease.  In fact, I probably read the entire thing a hundred times already, and I could recite the enitre musical in my sleep.  Well, maybe not, but you get my point.  I knew my parts though, in and out.  I read all the scenes that I was in thoroughly, so the dialogue that I was in, I could recite in my sleep.