Chapter 8

I walked into school, feeling that everything would be fine, but still really, really nervous. I glanced around and saw Brody talking to a cheerleader. Well, more like she was trying to impress him, and he was staring out into the distance.

"Brody!" I called out, and he looked back at me with a death glare. I flinched. When he saw me flinch, his gaze softened a little.

"Can we talk?"

"I'd rather not."

"please, Brody." The cheerleader that was talking to Brody interrupted.

"Uh, excuse me? I was talking to him."

"We'll, this is more important." I swear I saw Brody smirk, but it disappeared just as fast as it appeared.

"Brody, can we just talk?"

"Oh, my, god. Are you guys in a fight?" The cheerleader interrupted. Again.

"Can you shut up?" I half yelled at the girl. I turned to Brody. "Can we please talk?"

He groaned, but finally started walking with me. After we got around the corner, I stopped and turned to face him.

"Look, Brody. I know you're mad, but you need to hear me out. I-" my voice caught in my throat. "I was childish, and...I couldn't answer right away because I was side tracked a bit with...uh..."

"What?" Brody asked.

"Uh...um... It's really hard to say. Uhm, I was worried that you didn't-"

"I didn't what? Look, I'm only mad because you didn't seem to trust me. And that hurt, because I trusted you. And you came to school with a big smile on your face, and what am I supposed to do, act like I'm the one making the mistake? I am so frustrated! If you have something to say, say it!"

"I was worried that...you..." I looked at him and faltered. He looked so angry and frustrated, how could he possibly love me? I blinked back tears.

"Hey, you know what? Forget it." He said, and walked off, a hand going through his hair.

The entire day I was on the verge of tears, and I couldn't talk to Romie because she was all over Matt. The word already spread that Brody and I were in a fight. Some people think (or hope) that we broke up. I know for one thing that I never want that to happen.

Time passed so slowly, I swear a sorcerer was changing the nature of time around. I groaned silenty, but maybe not silent enough because a lot of people gave me dirty looks. When school finished, I was looking forward to going home and watching Gossip Girl for my 3rd time, but no! My auditions. For Grease. Of course. And I don't have a back up to play for me. I walked into the auditorium five minutes before my audition time. I heard Brody's fascinating voice singing Locked out of Heaven. Somehow, he could reach the high notes as well as the low notes. Curse those wide ranged vocal chords. I sat down next to a few people. The girl next to me turned.

"Hi." I said.

"Is it true you and Brody broke up?"

"No." I almost shouted.

"Are you in a fight?"

"...Yes...anyway, what role are you auditioning for?"

"Excuse me? I'm known as one of the best singers in this school. And I'm blonde. Who do you think?"

"Sandy?"

"Who else?" She hollered, and that was it. I knew her name, Claire Verdeen. She was a cheerleader (surprise, surprise) and probably one of the bitchiest person I've talked to in my life. Which is saying A LOT. I sighed. Then someone plopped next to me.