Chapter 7

I woke up with the trill of my alarm clock telling me it was eight a.m. I set up my weekend alarm at eight, because, I think I deserve a couple extra hours of sleep. But it is early for the weekend, and the reason is because just because it's the weekend, it doesn't mean you can pig out and skip your morning routines. So I lazily stopped the loud trilling, and got out of bed. I changed into running shorts and a baggy T-shirt, and went down stairs for a cup of coffee. When I walked into the kitchen, my dad was finishing off his breakfast and fixing his tie.

"Good Morning, honey bun."

"Morning dad. Are you going to work on a Saturday?"

"Yeah. I got an emergency meeting of the new movie we're shooting. What about you? Going for an excersize?"

"Yep. I'm in to working out in the morning these days."

"That's good. Hey, I haven't talked to you so much for a while. How's school these days?"

"It's...great. Did mom tell you I got a boyfriend?"

"Yeah, she did. Just no funny business with him, you hear me?"

" 'Course, dad." I said, rolling my eyes jokily.

"Ok. Well, I should be home by four this afternoon."

"k, good luck." I said, and pecked him on the cheek. He waved and walked out the door. Just when he left, I reached for my running shoes and put them on my feet tightly. I got out the house and started with running a few laps around my house. I was getting better at running. When I first started the work out, I could barely do four laps. Now, I could do six without thinking. I was on my fifth lap, and I was at my front gate, when I saw someone running to me. I stopped to see who it was, and it was Brody running towards me.

"Brody! I didn't know you'd be here!" I said, and hugged him.

"Hey. Just wanted to check if you're alright."

Wow. Two hot boys checking on me within 18 hours. I must be doing pretty well lately.

"And clearly, I'm fine. Wanna run with me?" I asked, "But I'm slow, just saying."

"I would love to." He said, and started jogging at a pretty good pace for me. I ran right next to him. Once in a while, I'd catch him staring at me, and I would smirk at him. I was having fun lately, because I was the one teasing him, not the other way around. He smiled at me, which made me think again and again; why do I have him as a boyfriend? Why choose me among all others?

I finished my eighth lap with a pretty fast pace, and I stopped to catch my breath.

"You're pretty good at running, you know." He said.

"Yeah, but you didn't even break a sweat." I protested.

"That's just because it's me." He scoffed. I rolled my eyes and punched his arm. He leaned in to kiss me, and I stood on my tippy toes to reach him. I smiled, so the kiss didn't really turn out to be a kiss. Then I burst out laughing, which made Brody look at him in confusion. I finally made myself calm down, but then I looked at his confused face, which made me burst out laughing again.

"I sometimes really don't get you..." He said.

I smiled, huddled into him, and hugged him. "I love you."

Then I gasped. I had just said the l word! I've always said like, but never love. I knew I loved him. But what if he didn't love me back? What if he liked me, but not loved me? I looked into his eyes that were still confused.

"Did you forget something?" His voice was obviously searching for answers.

"I just thought...we should pick songs for the audition."