Chapter 5

The video to the side is the song Brody and Jenny sing together.  There isn't anyone watching though.  Just the two of them.  Ok?  So the girl (Santana) doesn't say the lines "so freaking charming" and noone's watching them.  K?  Enjoy the chapter :)

I slammed my car's door shut, and Brody sat on the passenger seat, while Cody crawled into the back. Brody was wearing the clothes I lent him, and he looked hotter than ever. I guess he caught me staring, because he smirked at me and said, "What, am I too beautiful to you?"

I blushed and answered, "Yes," quite honestly.

Brody chuckled and kissed me on the cheek. I smiled at him, and turned the key to get the car to start. I heard a quiet moan of disgust from Cody, but I ignored him and turned the car to drive out of my garage.

When we made it to school and I dropped Cody off, I carefully parked my car in an open area. I'm a pretty good driver, but parking? Not so much. I had to be careful not to park strangely, 'cause then someone might hit against my car, and I don't know about you, but I'd rather stay away from that stuff. By the time I turned the engine off and I was collecting my bag, Brody was there to open my door.

"Well, princess, may I lead you to the castle?" He asked formally.

"Castle? Seriously? I'd rather prefer to call it a dungeon but ok..."

"Fine then. May I lead you to the dungeon?"

"Oh why thank you, sir." I said playing along with him as I took his hand. We walked out holding hands, and many people (8 pairs or groups of people, to be exact) stopped talking the moment they saw us.

"They are obviously not talking to about us." I said sarcastically.

"Hey, don't let it get to you." He said, looking worried.

"I know, I know. It's a small school. We're a dynamite couple, and they have nothing to talk about. I'm just, you know, not used to it. I was always the girl no one cared about, the person nobody sees. I'm just not used to it. You, on the otherhand, must be used to it." I smiled and nudged him playfully.

"Yep," he replied and swooped down to kiss me. "I need to go take an audition to get into music, so I'll see you later, ok?"

"You play music?"

"Yeah, guitar, some singing. Look, I'm a bit rushed, k?"

"Ok, just let me hear some time!"

Brody did one of those sailor salute things and ran off. I trudged to my locker, and my stupid mouth couldn't stop grinning like a complete idiot.

"Hey!" Romie jumped out on me out of nowhere.

"Whoa! Hi!" I said, because she seriously scared me. And then I embraced her in a hug. She grinned at me, then started, "So, I heard that you and Brody came to school together...?"

"He did stay at my house, but make no mistake, he slept in the guest bedroom."

Romie giggled. "I swear! I did not sleep with him, ok?" Which is true, it just doesn't sound true. But it is. Techinically. I just didn't want rumors spreading around.

"Ok, I believe you." We hugged one last time before we went to first period.

The bell rang for our lunch break, and I skipped happily as I made my way to the cafeteria. But then I saw Brody talking to a few jocks at the place where we usually sat.

"So, dude. I heard you did it with Jenny?"

"Why are you going out with her anyway? You can do so much better."