Chapter 7: Lies

I woke to a slight brush of the arm.

"Hello," I fluttered my eyes to the sound and to see General Leia standing over me.

"Hello, dear."

I moaned as I go to sit up in my bed. She sat herself down at the foot of the bed but just in reaching distance.

"How are you?" A worried face swept across her eyes.

"I'm okay. I guess considering the facts."

"No. How are you," she asked once more but more direct.

I sighed with a heavy heart. She can't know my true reasons and feelings.

"I wasn't ready to leave, General. I was getting close to finding the weaknesses."

"There it is." As she signed with relief.

I can't believe that I just lied to the General, Master Luke's own sister.

I was well within a couple of days. Whatever the sharp pain, took over me, made me weak. I knew I had to find out who the eerie voice belonged too.

As we gathered around once again the Base Table, I looked over at Rey, Finn, Leia, and Poe. They all muttered among themselves.

I took a deep shakily breath. "You have to get me back," I announced to the group. "It's the only way. He thinks that I'm just a mere villager who was rescued by the Resistance. He will think that I am apparently important for the Resistance to use resources to recuse me. He will want me back."

The eyes widen in fear for my life. But one of the commanders spoke up, "Impossible."

"No," a agreeing voice spoke up. "No, she's right." Rey's eyes met with mine. They were filled with fear, worry, and sadness.

I hated this pressure I was feeling on my heart. I was lying to my closest friend, my sister, my 'partner in crime'.

The new plan was now being set into motion. The trio containing Poe, Finn and Rey were to drop me off near the base. I was to establish a link to Kylo Ren, who has yet to find out that I was Force Sensitive.

Nervousness ran through my body as we landed, my heart racing to the sound of engines. Rey could sense this.

"Are you sure," as she placed a hand on my shoulder, "you want to do this?" "We can always find another way." I took a deep breath, "No. I want to do this. I have to do this. It's not an option." It was the truth. It wasn't an option. I was going to get back to Kylo Ren.

A cold, sharp air pierced our cheeks. I was the first to walk off. I turned to the trio. I took again a deep breath.

"Poe, you have to beat me up."

He shooked his head in shocked by the statement. "What? No!"

"You have to. It is to convince him. To convince him that I am something else.. You have to." I grabbed ahold of his hand and curled it to a fist and held it to my face. "You have to."

His breath turned to shakily swallowed. His fist began to shake. "Okay, okay, um. Let me know if I hurt you."

I raised my eyebrows in letdown.

"Right," he breaths shakily, rubbing his knuckles to hopefully 'soften the blow'?

I braced myself for impact for I knew his reputation for a tendency to knock people out with one hit.

It was over before I knew it. I raised my fingers to my lips to find blood on it. I looked up in approval. "Again but this time preferrably to the eye?"