Chapter 19

"You want to go running?" Kelly yawned, while I stood in her doorway at 6 am in the morning. She still had her pajamas on and was barely awoke. She worked for some fashion magazine of some sort and didn't have to get up until about 10. My mom was actually featured in the magazine because she was a fashion designer.

Sometimes I wished my parents weren't well off. My childhood had been butlers, maids and lonely dinners. Yeah I had a huge house and the best clothes and a very comfortable lifestyle but until I met Alysha and Kelly it had been lonely and sad.

I was feeling that exact same way with Nick not around, lonely and sad. Pregnant,lonely and sad.

Kelly rubbed her eyes still yawning. "Eve don't you think its a little early for a run?" She asks, her voice portraying her somnolent appearance.

"Yeah, but I have meetings all week. I don't really have time for a run and I want to get active before I start getting fat,"I explain.

She peers at me through languid eyes. Just doesn't even blink,and then with a groan of defeat she acquiesce,"Fine! You owe me though. My brother better get back soon. "

I dropped my eyes to the ground feeling that familiarly painful sensation tugging at my heart.

You and me both, I thought with a sudden sadness. She noticed and wrapped an arm around my shoulder and rubbed my arm soothingly.

"Hey sweetheart lets not get sad,lets jog our lives away."Kelly attempted to cheer me up. I placed a false smile on my face.

"Its cool Kels, Lets just get going because I'm starving I want pizza and chilli."

She laughed lightly,"There goes those pregnancy cravings."

I shrug." I'm carrying your niece or nephew."

"Uh huh, Let me go throw on my work out clothes and you sit in the living room. Royce is asleep."

"Oh Royce." I wriggled my brows, a smirk on my face. "You putting in work inside and outside the bedroom."

We both walked into her living room and she picked up a pillow and threw it at my head. "Shut up."

I giggled and sat down on the couch and signed leaning my head back against the back of the sofa. I closed my eyes and eventually drifted off to sleep.

I peeled my eyes open to the bright sun cascading into the room. I was laying on Kelly's couch, a blanket drapped over my body and a pillow under neath my head.

"Good morning sleepy head." I looked up to see Kelly in one of the other couches in the room. The TV was on and she was watching a rerun episode of Mistresses.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I sat up,yawning and stretching.

"As much as I wanted to go running." She rolled her eyes as if it was the most delusional thought ever. "You looked tired besides you've been working your self crazy trying to design that software and dealing with that dick hole Bradley."

Oh yeah,I had almost forgot I told her about Bradley and his advances. He wasn't bothering me now but whenever he found a way to be alone with me he tried to make a pass. I wasn't small anymore. I would be five months pregnant in about one weeks or so. Last doctors appointment I was 16 weeks, which was four months If you add it up of course. I was about to find out my baby's gender at 20 weeks and The fact that Bradley continued to hit on me made me less than impressed by him.

Along with that I missed Nick so much, he was missing so much honestly. I didn't want to really find out the gender unless he was there but the anxiety ate at me and I couldn't wait. I get anxious and frankly I hate surprises even though my life was full of them.