Chapter 12

"Wow she didn't take that hard at all, "Nick mumbled sarcastically.

I was numb.

That's the only thing I could think of that could possibly describe how I was feeling at this moment. Numb.

I took a deep breath and laid my head and my hands trying to recalculate where it all went wrong.

When I met Nick. No, I wasn't going to break up with him Because his sister disapproved. I loved him too much and I believe our love could over come any obstacle even this.

"Let's get married, "I blurted out of no where. My brain didn't even know I was thinking that. That did not make any kind of sense.

Nick looked at me skeptically. "You want to get married? After that? " he asked.

I thought about all the reasons that was a stupid idea and there were many but right now, at this precise moment I didn't care.

I nodded. "Yep, I want to go down to the court house and get a marriage license, get an friend to commence the ceremony and get hitched, "I said.

"Uh while that sounds like a great idea Honey, it seems a little rushed dontcha think? " he asked.

"No it's not, it's thought out to an extent. I just want to marry you and live happily ever after, "I explained.

He eyed me some more and then sighed. "Look honey, I'll make a deal with you. I'm gonna leave but when I come back we get married... okay? " he suggested.

He was leaving. I forgot about that part. I took two deep breathes calming my nerves.

"I like that idea. I love you Nick, "I breathed and sat down in his lap. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly in his arms.

Could I really do this everytime? Be strong enough to actually let him go?

***

♡TWO DAYS LATER.. ♡

"Come back to me okay? " I said. He smiled and leaned forward to press a kiss against my lips. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck securely.

He moved his head back so that he could just look at me. "I'll always come back to you Eve. Nothing will stop that, "he replied and kissed me again.

"Please be safe, "I pleaded.

He released my waist and backed away. "I'm going to call you as much as I can but this is top secret so I probably won't be able to do much,"he said and I nodded.

He moved closer and pressed his lips to mine. "I've never had more of a reason to stay then I do right now, oh and here, "he continued and reached into his pocket. He pulled out a black velvet box and handed it to me.

I took it and opened it. A diamond engagement ring. I looked up at him surprised. It looked expensive but I knew he could afford it yet still.

"Nicholas --"

"I don't like the sound of that. Usually when you say my whole name you're rejecting me,"he responded.

I smiled reassuring him . "Do you think we are really ready for this? " I asked.

"As ready as we'll ever be. We love eachother and the fact that we over came all of the different things thrown in our way has proved that. We are both consenting adults and know what we want. Marry me Eve. When I back we can have an extravagant wedding if you want, we can start working on a baby or we could wait. It doesn't matter to me, because I'll have you. At night in my arms, in the morning giving me kisses and in the evening making love until your legs give out, "he causing me to blush.