Chapter 15

Alysha came over to my house as soon as she returned from New York. It had been a good two and a half weeks since the whole shooting thing. She was still just a bit on edge because of it. Kylee was asleep in her portable rocker.

"He was gay?!"I exclaimed hearing about the news of Alexander.

"Yes! He had a thing for Kyle the entire time! Can you believe that bullshit?" Alysha replied annoyed.

I burst into a fit of laughter. I couldn't help it. That was ridiculous.

Alysha frowned at me. "That so is not funny!" she exclaimed.

"Come on Alysha that's hilarious," I laughed.

She rolled her eyes seemingly annoyed then seconds later burst into laughter too.

"Okay it kind of is. Man you should've seen Kyle's face he looked..so surprised. "

I signed after laughing for so long. "Nick and I got married," I admitted.

She turned to me surprised. "You really went through with that night? I thought you'd at least wait until I came from San Diego," Alysha whined.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry honey but I just didn't want to wait any longer. I don't know when he's going to come back this time so I had to do it," I murmured then heaved a breath of frustration. The thing is I could be pregnant right now.

I was a little... worried I guess. The thing was Nick was in the army and He constantly was deployed to go knows where and I didn't want my child to grow up with out a father.

I hadn't gotten my period. I wasn't feeling sickly or anything, no morning sickness but I did start getting cramps the other day. They felt like menstrual cramps. I just didn't spot. I don't know. I had a doctor appointment tomorrow. I'll find out then. I wouldn't tell Alysha though until later. I didn't want to get my hopes up.

"I wish Kelly could see how much you love him. I want my two bestefriends to be friends again," she groaned and sat up.

"Kelly ...I dont even know what to say about her. What if I end up pregnant? She's just going shun her nephew or niece?"

"You're pregnant?" Alysha gazed at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"I don't know honestly. Lysh we didn't use protection not once when we had sex..two weeks ago," I admitted and ran my hand down my face in pure frustration. If you haven't noticed by now I'm frustrated.

Alysha stood and approached Kylee's rocker. "It'll be fine. I better be the first one you tell if you are. Eve you'll make a wonderful mom trust me. What did you Nick talk about when I left that day?" she asked.

"He told me he wanted a daughter and then he picked me up and carried me to my bedroom and proceeded to try to make that wish come true," I explained and shrugged.

"Gosh he wants a kid,"Alysha chuckled lightly.

"Yeah he does...he would make a better father than I'll make a mother."

"You'll both be great. Eve That baby will be treasured by both of her and his parents."

I smiled as Alysha picked up her stuff and her daughter and began to walk towards the door.

I didn't want to leave but I knew she had to go home to be with her husband. I wish I could've been with my husband.

She opened my front door and glanced back at me. "Don't hold out on me though! I don't want you to go through this alone."

I nodded and she left.

I walked back to my bedroom prepared to just go to bed. Tonight as going to be a long night.

***

I grabbed my keys and left my office. I had a doctors appointment in about thirty minutes. On my way out of my office I bumped into Bradley .

"Whoa there,where are you going in such a rush?" he asked with his same cocky smirk.

Why did this guy insist on hitting on me?

"Well its none of your business Bradley but I have a doctor's appointment,"I said and moved pass him. He followed behind me.

"Why? Are you sick or something?" he questioned.

"No..."

"Then what's wrong?"

"That's what I'm trying to find out.Please stop playing 20 questions with me. Its annoying," I replied and hurried to the elevator before he could ask another question.

That guy was so annoying. I walked out of the building and made my way to my car. I drive off to the doctor's office and signed in and waited.

I sat there for a minute before I heard,"Mrs. Payton."

My heart fluttered and I stood but I was the only one. I turned to the lady...Nick's mom.

"Mrs. Payton," I said surprised to see her.

She smiled. "Honey you're my daughter in law now why so formal ?"she chuckled giving me a hug. Oh yeah, Nick and I told our parents that we got married and they were happy but they didn't like that we did it without them.

"Sorry mom," I said awkwardly. Nick's mom wanted me to call her mom or Rachel.. I prefer Rachel but I knew she was about to question why I was here. That'll soften the blow.

"What are you doing here sweetie?" she asked with a smile.. of hope.

"Uh..."

"I knew it! Don't ask me a mother just knows.I knew Nicholas would be the first one to give me grandbabies! Oh and youre here all alone. I'll go with you sweetheart," She said.

I stood there staring at her. How did she know? A mother just knows...I smiled as she led me to the back.

We walked into the room and the nurse took urine and blood. I say back taking a deep breath as Rachel gazed at me proudly.

"I can't believe I'm gonna be a grand mama. I'm gonna spoil them and they're going to be --"

"Whoa mama Rachel we don't even know of I'm having one yet. Let's just wait this one out," I urged.

She nodded but she still had an excited smile on her face.

We waited for a while until an man walked into the room. He was my ObGyn obviously. Mr. Stone.

"Eve! Good to see you!" He exclaimed with a smile. He looked like that guy from the doctors the really cute one. We had went on a date before but it became awkward knowing he had seen my vagina before we even started dating and the doctor visit just wouldn't be...cool.

"Hey doctor stone," I replied recieving the hug he gave me.

"So...we tests your blood and...you're 3 weeks pregnant,"he said with a slight frown.

I didn't really pay it too much attention because He had said I as pregnant. Oh my gosh I was having Nick's kid. I wasn't telling anybody and that only person who needs to know at this moment was Nick.

I had to tell Nick he was gonna be a dad. I smiled. He was definitely going to be happy.