Chapter 5

Long story short, Alysha went into labor. That shit scared the hell out of me. I mentally wasn't ready for this. What if I had to deliver the baby?

Thank god I didn't though, I got her to the hospital safe and sound and waited in the waiting room while Kyle and her went to the room.

"Hey Eve we should talk, "Nick said.

"Ughh don't you ever get tired of wanting to talk to me seriously Nick, I already told you a million -"

"Damn it! "he exclaimed causing me to jump and eyes to turn our way.

He began to pace the floor running his hand through his hair in fustration.

"You're making this harder than it needs to be Eve,"he continued then he stopped and just looked at me.

I stood also. "Well I'm sorry if I don't want to ruin my friendship for you. I'm sorry if you missed your chance and I'm sorry that I'm acting like this but Nick you don't know anything okay. I spent my entire teenage life watching you in agony hoping you'd notice me. When I came over you always had a new girlfriend then you left, you joined the military and now well you come back and you finally noticed the nobody,"I yelled.

He swallowed and grasped my arm gently and dragged me to the parking lot. We walked out to his car. Instead of opening the passenger door he opened the backseat door and urged me in.

I slid across the seat then braced myself against the other door. My legs were across the seat of his 2012 Jeep Liberty Suv Limited edition.

It had that new car smell for some reason I noticed that but what I noticed most was how he crawled in after me and closed the door behind him. I swallowed as he stared at me. Was he mad? I didn't know what his expression was. He took a deep breath and moved closer to me.

I was frozen in place. My breathing was shallow. "Of course I noticed you before Eve how could I not? That day you were just standing looking in the fridge with that plain white T which I could visibly see through and those curve hugging little short shorts. You were seventeen and I was 19 and I was totally perving over my little sister's bestfriend. You were the one that kept me up late at night, you caused the mad boner I always sported in the morning, "he admitted.

I was just staring at him staring at me. "You see Eve, I've always had feelings for you and then you started dating that tool Pierce and when you two broke up I decided that I could actually have a shot at you. But you want to listen to my sister and let her come between what could be wonderful and amazing, "he continued.

I opened my mouth to say something then closed it. He continued to stare at me waiting on my response. "Are you going to say something? " he asked.

"I.. I don't know what to say Nick, I'm confused and I don't know what... to do, "I explained.

"I'll give you a hint of what to say... Nick I want to be with, let me give you a clue it rhymes with moo, "he suggested.

"You, "I offered softly causing a look of hope to mask his face.

"Are you just saying words or are you considering it?" he questioned.

I smiled softly. "I'm not just considering it, I want it too Nick. I've been pushing you away this whole time and I've become tired of it. I just want to be with you and that's it but I don't want Kelly to know she'll think I'm a bad friend, "I explained.

He gave me that sexy grin he usually sported when he flirted with me. "No worries Eve, she doesn't have to know yet. We'll keep it lowkey for a while but after a while I think I want to tell her you're my girlfriend."