Chapter 13

Lauren's P.O.V-

"Wait, Camila! Stop walking so fast!" School ended about 5 minutes ago and i already fucked up. 

~Flashback~

"Baby, no one cares. Just hold my hand" Camila and i are on our way to her locker. The final bell had just rang and Camila wants to interact but i have to admit, i'm still scared. I just don't want people to bully Camila for being with me. No one knows she's gay other than Ally, Normani, Dinah and our parents. Plus Shawn now, and that's where my worries lie. He's probably told the whole school by now! 

"Camila, i said not yet. I don't want the whole school knowing yet. Please please please understand princess" I pouted. Maybe if i play puppy she won't get upset. 

She scoffed, "Whatever Lauren. Do whatever the hell you want" And with that, she walked away. 

"Great way to start my morning"  I thought to myself. But i can't complain because it's my fault anyway. 

I ran up to Camila, who was placing stuff in her locker, and wrapped my arms around her from behind. I felt her body tense up so i place a chaste kiss to the back of her neck and felt her relax into my touch. Her neck is her weak spot. 

"What happened to not being affectionate?" She asked curiously 

"Friend can do this, right?" 

"Sure" She answered quietly. I can tell she's disappointed but with time, we'll be able to do this any day with no one caring. 

"Princess, please look at me" She remained facing her locker with her hands at her sides. "Camzi, please look at me" I heard her sniffle and turn around. my heart dropped to my stomach when i noticed her tears. I grabbed her hands but she pulled her arms away from me. 

"No Lauren, friends don't do that" She slammed her locker and walked furiously away from me. I turned to the locker and punched the wall in frustration. 

~Flashback over~

"Woah hulk, calm down there" A voice called to me. I turned around and saw Normani and Dinah walked casually up to me. "Whats got your panties in a bunch?"

"Not now, Dinah" I said through my teeth. When i'm upset, i don't like talking to anyone. 

"Well are you gonna go get your girl? Cause right now she's crying on Ally and you know Ally. She's protective and once she finds out you were arguing with her, she'll come after you"

"Wait," I turned to Dinah. "How did you know we were arguing?" 

"Well first of all, Camila always goes to you when she needs a shoulder to cry on and second of all, you're over here punching shit instead of being there for her so... lucky guess?" she explained. Dammit, what am i still doing here?

"Where are they at?" I asked Normani 

"They're at your car. I guess Camila isn't dumb enough to know she need a ride still. Better go before Ally offers her one" I instantly started running towards my car. I practically ran through the front doors and almost fell down the steps. When i reached my car, Ally was still hugging Camila as she sobbed. For the second time that day, i felt my heart plummet as i watched Camila cry into my friends shoulder. 

Ally looked up and gave me an evil look. Nonetheless, she motioned me over to where they were standing. She patted Camila's shoulder and released her told from her. Before walking away, she whispered something into her ear and walked to her own car, got in, and drove away- leaving Camila and i alone in the parking lot. 

I slowly walked to Camila who had her arms crossed and her eyes starting fiercely into mine. I put my hands in my back pockets and held my head slow as i approached her. When i did, i finally looked up to meet her eyes. Moments went by and i still couldn't find my words to say to her. Seconds later, she broke the silence. 

"Lauren, i like you. A lot is almost an understatement. I like you so much that it hurts, but i can't do this if you won't put in the effort to fight for us. I get that you're scare, i really do, but i also need to think about my happiness too. I can't do this if you don't want it. So please, just make up your mind or i will do it for you" Her tone sent electricity down my back. Her raspy voice and the way her mouth talked when she spoke just made me want to jump her right then and there. 

"Camila... i-i.. i'm sorry," She nodded for me to go on. "I'm sorry that i probably messed up everything. We've been doing so good and i'm happy with you. Everything disappears when i'm with you. I just... i'm scared whats going to happen to you if we interact on a level that's more than friends. And with Shawn always around you, he's going to get evidence and blackmail us. I can see it now- posters saying 'Camila Cabello gay for Lauren Jaurgeui?' and pictures of us stealing kisses from each other and quite possibly making out because damn you're one hell of a kisser, and I don't want that for you Camz. I won't let that happen to you" 

"Lauren, you are my girlfriend. Not my bodyguard, not my mother, but my best friend that i occasionally make out with. I don't need you to protect me from homophobic assholes. Don't get me wrong, angry Lauren is sexy as hell, but i like my teddy bear Lauren better. So please Lauren, let me show the world Lauren Jauregui is mine and mine only" She grabbed both my hands and pulled me into her chest. I wrapped my arms around her waist and held her tight, never wanting to let her go. 

"Okay." I agreed

"Okay?" She was surprised that i gave in so easily. In reality, i just wanted this argument to stop. I'm terrified, but i'm willing to risk everything for her.

"Yeah, okay princess. Lets show the world that gay is okay"

"Oh my god, that was so cheesy" 

"I'm a badass so i can do what i want" I stated 

"Ha, yeah, okay babe. Whatever you say" 

"Yeah!" i laughed into her neck and slapped her butt 

"No"

"Admit iiiiit" i said and i pulled back and caressed her cheek 

"Yeaah" She finally admitted

I leaned in and pecked her lips, but was pulled back to her lips by a force on the back of my neck. She moaned as i forced my tongue into her mouth and explored her mouth. We kissed until our lungs demanded oxygen and we pulled away. We stared into each others eyes for awhile, noticing how her eyes were slightly dilated and i'm sure mine our too. Moments went by before we decided it was time to go home before our parents freaked out. 

The calm before the storm

-----

Hey girl heyyyyyy So here's a quick little update. Ready for the next chapter? I don't think you are...  Also HAPPY NEW YEARS WOOOOOOOH! 

Okay so here's the thing, i got really bored so i made a Camren one shot! Its based off the song Imagination by Shawn Mendes and before you kill me for using one of his songs, its actually a very relatable song so whatever. No offense to Shawn Mendes fans but its probably the only song i like of his so far. By "so far," I mean i haven't listened to all of his songs so who knows? 

So yeah, please go check out my one shot (: or don't. Your loss if ya don't. I don't give a shit. 

Love you guys!

-Lily