Chapter 30 (Final Chapter)

After the graduation ceremony ended, everyone who was at the graduation for the girls and I were invited back to my house for a barbecue. That means it was Normani's parents, Camila's mom plus Sofi, Ally's parents, Dinah's parents plus Seth and Regina, and obviously my family is here since its our house.

"Lauren, come get something to eat before its gone!" I heard my father yell from the giant table full of food. I excused myself from the conversation I was having with Normani's mom and went to grab my food. After getting a plate full of food, I walked over to a table and sat next to Camila. I leaned over and placed a chaste kiss to her cheek and ate my food.

"So, you guys ready for college?" Ally questioned after the rest of us took a seat at the table.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm kind of excited. I mean, its a brand new chapter of our lives. We're going to be grown ups.." Normani stated as she ate her chicken.

"I'm nervous, but it's a good kind of nervous. Its kind of like how you feel before your first date, you know what I mean?" Dinah attempted to explain. We all nodded our head in agreement and continued to eat our food.

I wanted to say something, but i didn't know how to describe how I was feeling. I was excited, but at the same time, I was sad. I'm going to be attending a school that is miles away from my four best friends. Was I suppose to be happy?

"I'm gonna miss you guys so much." Camila said with tears in her eyes. "Its going to be so different without you by my side."

"Camz, don't cry. We're all gonna see each other throughout the years at some point. Okay?" I encouraged as I intertwined our fingers under the table. She gave me a sad smile and continued to eat her food.

After everyone was done eating, the sun was starting to set so we decided to start a little campfire. We all sat around it and talked about anything and everything. After a few minutes, Camila and I's parents stood up to make an announcement.

"Excuse my interruption," My mom spoke. "Sinu, Michael, and I have a surprise for Lauren and Camila."

"Right, so if you didn't know, Camila and Lauren both made it into colleges in New york. Their colleges are only about half and hour away from each other. So as their graduation presents, we decided to get them something that would benefit both of them. So here you go." My dad said, then Sinu walked towards Camila and I with a paper in her hand.

Camila grabbed the paper since she was closer and unfolded it. She read over it first, then turned to me with a cheeky smile. She handed it to me and allowed me to read over it.

"Oh my god, you got us an apartment?" I jumped up and ran over to my parents and pulled them into a group hug. In the corner of my eye, I saw Camila hugging her mom, too.

"Obviously we're going to chip in and help with rent for the first few months, or at least until you find a job. But once you think you can handle it, you're on your own." Sinu laughed as Camila rested her head on her mothers shoulder.

"Thank you so much, all three of you. This is so awesome." I said as I retracted from the hug. I looked over at Camila who was already making her way towards me. She wrapped her arms around my neck while mine went around her waist.

"I love you," she whispered and placed a kiss to my cheek.

"I love you too, Camz."

"Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss!" Dinah chanted, eventually leading to everyone chanting it. Camila lifted her head from my shoulder and looked at me. I smiled and leaned in, Camila leaning up because of the height difference. Our lips connected, making this memory more significant than any other. The kiss was short, but probably one of the most passionate kisses we've shared all together.