Chapter 8

Lauren's P.O.V-

Certainly, Camila and I are eating dinner with her family. They don't know we are dating yet, but concidering the fact they already love me, I don't think they'd have anything against it. Although I'd like to tell them and my parents also, Camila and I agreed that we should take it slow and let them figure it out on their own. My parents know I'm gay- hell, who doesn't know? But unlike me, I told my parents. Camila has yet to tell them. Ally, Dinah, Normani and I are the only ones who know.

"So Lauren, any cute girls in your life?" Sinu, Camila's mom, asked. Sinu and I talk about anything. She's like my second mom, so this question wasn't unexpected. And yes, she knows I'm gay.

"Mom, don't be nosey." Camila scolded her mother. 

"No, its okay Camz. And yes actually. There's this on girl in our grade thats pretty cute." I turned to Camila and instantly notciced she was sporting a faint blush on her cheeks with a wide smile.

"Whats with the goofy face, mija?" Alejandro, Camila's father, asked her.

"Oh nothing. I was just thinking about this person in my grade. Lauren talking about the subject just reminded me of this person."

"Oh, well that person must be pretty special then, huh?" 

"Yeah... this person is like... well I don't know how to describe it.. um.." She stuttered while thinking of the right words to use.

"Just spit it out Camz." I said while brought my glass of water to my lips casually. As soon as those words left my mouth, a smirk formed upon her lips.

"She's pretty fucking hot, to be honest." I dropped my fork and choked on my water. I slapped my chest while I coughed profusely. Camila stifled her laugh while patting my back to help.

"Lauren, are you okay?" Camila asked with a playful grin on her face.

"Just dandy." 

"So, she? As in a girl?" Her mom asked curiously.

"Yeah. Is that a problem?"

"No, no. I was just confirming it. No need to give an attitude. I support you completely." Her mom responded quickly. 

"Sorry. I thought you were gonna yell at me or something." Camila apologized to her mother. She smiled over at Lauren and took a bite of her food.

"Its okay. I understand. We accept you. Right, Alejandro?" I turned to him and waited for him to answer his wife, but he just stared at his plate and played with his food.

"Alejandro. Answer me please" Nothing.

"D-dad?" He slammed his fist on the table and got up. He picked up his plate, put it in the sink and walked out the backdoor. I looked out the window and saw him go into the garage and slam the door.

I brought my attention to Camila who had tears in his eyes. I instantly wrapped my arms around her shoulders and brought her close to me. The moment she was secured in my arms, she erupted in tears. I ran my fingers through hair, attempting to calm her down. I glanced at Sinu and saw her making her way to the garage, most likely going to argue with Alejandro.

"C-can we g-go to my room-m?" Camila asked weakly

I grabbed her hand gently and led her to the stair case. When we reached the staircase, she stopped her movements, causing me to jerk backwards. I turned around and she had she arms in the air, signaling me to pick her up.

"You're a dork, babe." A small grin flashed across her face at my words. But it didn't take long tfor that grin to turn into a frown.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and lifted her up. Her legs flew around my torso and her arms wrapped around my neck. She let out a giggle as I lightly tickled her sides. She started to squirm in my arms so I stopped. As I was walking up the stairs, I stubbed my foot on the stair and fell forward. My arm flew to the stair to save myself from falling onto Camila.

I stole a glance at the fragile girl in my arms. Her eyes are closed, she's wearing no makeup, her hair is all over the place, her eyes are puffy, her cheeks are tear stained- yet I've never seen anything more beautiful.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked when she opened her eyes.

"Because you're truthfully the most beautiful thing to ever exist."

She looked me straight into the eyes, her eyes never leaving mine.. I leaned down and took her bottom lip between lips and gently sucked on it. A small moan left her mouth, urging me to continue. I picked her back up off of the staircase, never breaking the kiss. I walked blindly to her room as Camila reached her hand behind her body and opened the door. I kicked the door shut and walked towardsher bed until my knees hit the edge. I gently laid her on the bed and climbed on top of her. I broke the kiss and peppered her jaw with wet kisses. I trailed my lips down her neck to her defined collarbones. She tangled fingers through my hair and let out a raspy moan.

That just became my favorite noise I've ever made her make.

I left open-mouthed kisses across her neck and licked up to her ear, where I captured her earlobe between my teeth.

"L-Lauren." She moaned into my ear.

"You're so hot, Camz." I said before lightly sucking on her neck.

"W-we should pro-probably- oh!" she finished with a loud moan as I bit her neck and sucked roughly.

"We should what now?" I asked with a smirk.

"My mom is probably g-gonna come check o-on me." 

"You're right. We should stop."

"Y-yeah i guess."

I got off of her and laidd on my back. Camila leaned up and pecked my lips before laying her head on my chest.

"Lauren?"

"Yes sunshine?"

"What do you think love is?"

"Well," I started, "I'm not sure what love is, but I think its hearing them say "you're an asshole," while their smile betrays their words. Its getting a Facetime call at 8 in the morning so they can show you their outfit because they think is cute. I think love is blurting out exactly how you feel about them when they ask you why you're looking at them "like that". Its unplanned and sloppy, the exact opposite of how you wanted it to happen, but the smile on your face tells you that it was perfect in its own way. Love is... being able to be afraid to let them know about certain parts of yourself, but telling them anyways. Its making breakfast with them in the morning, dancing with them despite your two left feet, and passionately singing the wrong lyrics to hear her laugh. I'm not really sure what love is, but I think it might be magic."

"I love how passionate you are about things. No matter what they're about, you put so much effort into talking about it. Its one of my favorite things about you."

I opened my mouth to reply, but was interrupted by a knock at the door. Assuming it was Sinu, I got up from my comfortable position and made my way to the door.

As I got off the bed, I felt a sharp slap on my butt. I whipped around to find Camila with her bottom lip between her teeth and eyes still on my butt. I shook my head at her action and walked to the door.

"Hey Sinu, we were just-" I felt my breathe hitch in my throat when I saw the figure in the doorway.

"Hi," he said, "Can I talk to Camila?"

Hey loves. How y'all doin?

So here's an update. I don't plan on doing aloooot of drama but there's gonna be some. Just a warning. SORRY ITS SO SHORT!

This was kind of rushed btw. I did it on the way to my uncle's funeral. Don't worry about that though.

Have a lovely day (: