Chapter 10: All I Want for Christmas is You. Part 3

Charlotte.

I sat there and talked with family happily. I felt so much better now that Avery was here. The family is back together. I was glad with what I got. I got some chocolates, a bunch of clothes for me and Juno. I got some new jewellery. Normal families have Christmas dinner; we’re not a normal family. We don’t really have Christmas dinner. Its choose something you want for dinner days prior and then cook it for Christmas. So everybody gets what they want and there are no arguments. I know every one hasn’t seen Avery in like four months but can we get off the topic of how great he’s doing? Yeah okay he’s going to get his degree in medicine in two years or he’ll get his diploma in biochemistry in a year and a half. That makes him perfect. And here I am, pregnant at nineteen, not going to college, not having a steady job and living with a solider that can be killed at any time. My life is shit while Avery’s is perfect. He can do anything while I’m limited to a very small amount. And here I am having to sit here and listen to how bright Avery’s future will be. And then there is me. I can tolerate this but honestly I’m getting tired of it.

“So Avery, what do you wanna be when you’re older?” Krista asked. I rolled my eyes at the fact that I could leave now and no one would notice. Avery wore a smug expression on his pail face.

“Any thing I wanna be.” He replied. He looked over at me and smiled.

“You can too Charlie, you just need . . . Help.” He uttered. It’s like he knew I was getting tired of hearing all about him. So he moved the conversation onto how I can go to writing classes at night or when I’m off work. And how posting my stories will make them popular and read. I hate the fact that he’s so smart. I grinned slightly.

“Thanks Avery.” I replied sullenly. Life was good as far as I can tell.

“So Charlie; how is work?” LynZ asked nicely. I smiled widely.

“I sort clothes, its good.” I said happily in a joking way. Every one laughed at my remark. Avery came over to sit by me; he had a huge smile on his face. Avery placed his hands on my belly and his smile became even bigger when Juno kicked.

“I felt that!” Avery cheered happily. I smiled down at my brother. He looked at me and sighed.

“Why the name Juno?” He questioned my taste in names. I looked at Blake and smiled.

“You’re smart you figure it out.” I said in a cheeky way. Avery, Blake and I talked which is something we don’ usually do. It’s never just been me, Blake and Avery. It’s nice to know that my boyfriend and my brother are such good pals. I saw LynZ and Gerard stand up with huge smiles on their faces. What was going on? Gerard held LynZ’s hand and had this proud dad expression on his face. I think everyone was looking at them.

“Every one, Gerard and I have some news.” LynZ announced with the biggest smile on her pretty face.

“We’re having another baby!” Gerard announced with the happiest voice ever. It sounded not as happy as when he told us they were having Bandit. But still each child has their own happy voice from their parents. People cheered happily as the happy couple began to talk to their friends and family. I’m gonna be a cousin . . . . .Again! God! Today can’t possibly get any . . . 

“Mommy!” I blood curdling scream was cried from up stairs.

“Daddy!” Another was cried. All the adults rushed up to the scene. I knew who screamed. It was Lily. Only her blood curdling screams can make my blood run cold. I stayed where I was as all the adults piled up the stairs. Cries were called out.

“Call 9-1-1!” Some one screamed. Dad came down the stairs with Matt’s motionless body in his arms. Matt’s sleeves were reddened by the blood that was dripping from his finger tips. I watched as Matt was lied do on the floor. He was really pail and his entire sweater was blood soaked. I watched as dad unzipped and toke off Matt’s hoodie. I saw pail pink scares on his arms and then the thick red lines fresh and open. Matt was a cutter?