Mistakes: Part 2: Life. Chapter 1: College Life.

Avery.

Uhhhh, saying Good-Bye was harder than I thought. Things were really difficult and it didn’t help that my mom kept finding all these things I had when I was a baby. And she kept kissing my forehead and telling me she loved me. Things got really emotional at the airport. I was glad it was a direct flight. First time on a plane without my parents. I guess it was okay. My dad was even crying before I had to go through security. They kept saying how proud they were of me and that I’ve come so far. I really will miss them. When I got to California it was really cold out oddly enough. There was some one waiting for me to take me to the college. He toke my suit cases and I had my trunk and duffle bag. When I felt my room was completely emptied out. The only things in it were the furniture. I sold my Xbox, PS2, PS3; I sold my computer but not my lap top, I gave away my Tron poster. I sold basically everything I owned. I had some posters in my trunk and my lap top was in there too. The walls in my room were bare. Nothing on them. My blankets were in my trunk keeping my lap top safe. I had my pillows. The guy toke me to the college where I’d be staying, it was actually an apartment building and since I’m here on scholarship the college pays for me to rent out the room. But I have to share with some one. I got the key out after we went up the elevator to the sixth floor. The room number was five-oh-two. I opened the door to see some one was already here. The apartment was already furnished; I gazed around to notice there was no boxed laying around, no beer bottles. Nothing. There was a nice view from out on the balcony. The couch was a pull out couch and there was a TV and stereo. I could tell who ever my room mate was they’ve been here for a little while longer than I have. I dropped my suit case away from the door. My trunk, suit cases and duffle bag piled nicely in a corner. I looked at the coffee table. I think I’m going to enjoy this mystery person. I know it’s some one with great music taste. Smashing Pumpkins, Moldy Peaches, Barry Louis Polisar, Kimya Dawson, The Kinks Buddy Holly, Mateo Messina, Sonic Youth, Kimya Dawson, Belle and  Sebastian, Mott the Hoople, Cat Power, Antsy Pants ,The Velvet Underground, Metallica, Led Zepplin, God Smack, Sum 41, Blink 182, Heart, Hole, Oh No! Oh My, The White Stripes, The Drop, there was like stacks of CDs on the coffee table. This dude has some serious taste. I went through his CD collection that sat in stacks on the coffee table. I heard some one in one of the bedrooms. I moved down the narrow hall. Yes we have our own bathroom! The two bedrooms were on the same side. One had the door closed and the other open. I gazed into the open room to see posters already lining the murky green walls. I peeked around the corner to see a girl folding clothes and putting them in drawers. They have maids here? She had music playing, Uhhhh ACDC, Back in Black. Original copy from the way the tracks play out. She was tiny and she had medium length hair that was put into a ponytail. She had a red sweater on, it was a bit big for her but what ever. She had a pair of over sized jeans on. I wasn’t watching where I was stepping and I stubbed my toe on the dresser. I winced loudly making her jump and spin around. She had muddy brown eyes and ivory skin. I liked her top it was murky coloured. The two shades of green made her look really nice.

“Jesus fucking Christ. You scared the shit out of me.” She uttered with a faint voice. I looked at her.

“Sorry, sorry. Didn’t mean to. Its just I saw your CD collection on the coffee table.” I replied nervously. She nodded at me. She held out her hand. I shook it a few times.

“Ace Bartowski.” She introduced. I smiled at her name. It was different and out there.

“Avery Iero.” I introduced. She looked at me funny and thought for a moment.

“I’ve heard that name before but where?” She asked herself. I smirked at her and made the face my dad once did. It was the cute little face he made before a concert and people say I can nail it just right.

“Frank Iero, rhythm guitarist of My Chemical Romance.” I replied to her happily. She had a look of victory. She smiled at me then went back to doing what she was doing. I looked around her room and noticed she had alot of music. And there were a few paintings up on the walls. Either they were hers or she bought them but either way they were really good. I looked at her over noticing one small thing. She was pregnant. I felt the room to avoid any further awkwardness. I made my way back to the living area and dragged my stuff into my room. I had a bed, a desk and a dresser and a closet with a mirror. I started to put my things away. Major things first like making my bed and putting my books and clothes away. Then by the time I was done those three things Ace was completely done her room and she stood in my door way.

“So what kind of name is Avery?” She asked curiously. I laughed at that comment. What kind of name is Ace? I chuckled at her question.

“My dad says there was a fan that came up to him and his name was Avery. And my dad liked it then I was born and he named me.” I explained sullenly unpacking most of my stuff. My trunk will stay at the foot of my bed for all my precious stuff since you need a key to get in it. I looked at Ace and smirked.

“So what kind of name is Ace?” I asked putting my clothes neatly away in the closet. Ace smiled at me, she had a nice smile.

“Funny you ask. My dad says that if it weren’t for a hand of Aces I wouldn’t be here. So he thought it’d be appropriate.” She explained shortly. I nodded at her. She looked at me then at my stuff. She then went over to one of my suit cases and began helping me unpack.

“So what are you taking?” She asked curiously. I stopped hanging things up and looked at her.

“Biochemistry, physiology and engineering.” I replied. Ace looked me over once more and giggled. I looked her over once more and still there was a baby growing inside of her! She couldn’t be older than eighteen.  

“I take engineering as well.” She muttered sullenly. She put my clothes away and before I knew it we were done unpacking. She waddled out into the living room and started to place her CDs on the shelves above the TV. I sat down on the couch and watched her. Every once in a while she’d rub her stomach. I was curious about something. I could see she had every My Chemical Romance CD. I mean I have them too but I wanted to know which song was her favourite.

“So what’s your favourite My Chem song?” I asked out loud. She stopped for a moment and looked at me with a grin.

“Demolition Lovers.” She replied without hesitation. I liked her.

“That’s a bit gloomy don’t you think?” I asked. She put the CDs down and turned to me, hands on her hips.

“Do you even know what it’s about?” She asked. I did know but I had to find out if she knew. I shook my head slowly. She sighed heavily.

“It’s about forbidden lovers who will die together if it means being together.” She was right. Basically it’s about star crossed lovers who were never destined to be and they take a man’s car and die but before that they kiss each other one last time. She wasn’t that far off. But why did she like it? I thought that was enough questions for today. Today was the eighth so I have five days to get costumed to campus life. My room was ready for my first night. Which was hard. I know Ace must be used to this but I’m not. I can’t call my family until tomorrow morning. When the phone gets hooked up. Ace had music playing softly while she slept. This bed seemed new, well it was. I just hope people back home are taking my absence well. I finally was able to fall asleep. I had no dreams just blackness. I felt light and empty.