Between Love & Deception (Chapter 44)

Chapter 44

BE SURE TO READ THE NOTE AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER!! PLEASE!

Samantha

            “You are an amazing woman. I still can’t get over the fact that you are single and super mom.” Aden’s deep voice filled my ears, and I looked over at him and blush. It was a great compliment, but he was giving them out like it was free candy on Halloween.

            I looked straight ahead to Beau and Emma who were walking a couple of steps in front of me and I frowned. “I am not super mom. I am probably far from it.” I murmured, hoping that he wouldn’t hear me.

            He laughed and looked over at me, while his hand once again gently brushed mine. “How could you say that? Did you see how upset Beau was in the arcade? You put him in a better mood just like that.”

            “Correction, him having the thought and figure of a father in his life, hence you, put him in a better mood.” I said, while pushing one foot in front of the other and taking in all the night lights of Manhattan. “Not me. I could never be preferred as supermom.” I felt it coming like word vomit and I wanted it to stop but I was heading in a dangerous direction.

            “What do you mean?” He asked, while brushing his hand up against mine.

            “I am the reason he doesn’t have a father figure. It not because Danny doesn’t love him or want him. It was all because of me.”

            Aden stayed quiet for a long moment, but then looked down at me. “Samantha, where is Beau’s father?” He asked quietly.

            “Boston.” I whispered, without looking up at him.

            “I meant, why isn’t he here, with you guys?”

            I inhaled a deep breath and held it inside for a moment and then breathed out. “It’s a long story.”

            Aden laughed his amazing laugh, and then flashed the two rows of pearly whites at me. “We have all the time in the world. Well, at least 10 more blocks of time. So if you figure it up, you have about a half an hour to give me the gist. If you want, that is.”

            I nervously bit my lip, and glanced up at him. “Danny Bradford was my best friends older brother. And he was inside limits for everyone but me because Izzy didn't want her best friend seeing her brother. Well the night of our graduation, Danny shows up at the annual party and we somehow ended up together, drunkenly. He was my first. I was unsure of how I felt about it until the next day when I found out he was engaged to another woman.” I said slowly, while glancing up at his expressionless face every once in a while.