Between Love & Deception (Chapter 14)

Recap-

            “Oh well Samantha. Not everyone is blessed with the skill to boogie board like me and Beau. Isn’t that right?” He looked down at Beau and chuckled.

            “Yupp! That’s right!” Beau looked at me with sad eyes. “Me and Danny will teach you one day.” I couldn’t help but smile at my sons’ confidence in himself. It was so completely adorable. Honestly, it made me forget that anything just happened.

            “You will?” I asked, trying to act excited. Just so I wouldn’t spoil his excitedness.

            Beau nodded quickly. I heard Danny laugh from a distance, and then I looked up to him and he smiled at me. It was only a simple smile though. Just like a small smile, between old friends. I had to say it was nice, more than nice.

            Nothing could be better right now. I had everybody where I wanted them, well except Emily of course. Danny had no intentions of thinking Beau is his child, well at least I don’t think he does. Everything is great but for some unknown reason I still had a pounding in my heart that told me all of it is wrong; which only made me feel selfish inside.

            I felt like a terrible mother, that’s keeping a huge secret to the most important person in her life and also, to a person that used to mean the world to me. I still couldn’t find it in me to tell him though, something was stopping me but I just can’t figure out what it is.

            I keep telling myself that this won’t be as hard as I think, but the more Beau grows fonder of Danny; the harder it gets.

            I have a feeling that soon, I won’t be able to hide it anymore.

Chapter 14

            “So…Can I give you guy’s a ride home?” Danny stood a small distance from me, but he was still close to Beau. He almost looked nervous, “I mean, it’s almost dark and I don’t think yall need to be walking alone.”

            I laughed a little bit, it’s hard to believe but after the day I have grown a little more confident around him. Maybe because I know that there isn’t anything between us anymore. “I don’t think so, it’s such a nice night.” I replied. I didn't need to give myself reasons to go falling for him again, because it’s very well possible.

            Danny shifted on his feet uncomfortably, “Oh, well that’s cool. I just thought I would ask.” He shoved his hands in his pockets, and stood there for a moment long.

            Beau looked at me and rolled his eyes, “Mommy! I want to ride home with Danny.” He argued.

            Not this again. I sighed, with frustration while Danny laughed a low laugh. “Just get in Samantha, it’s only a ride. Plus, Beau doesn’t want to walk.”