Between Love & Deception (Chapter 32)

Recap-

           Beau frowned at me, “Does…Does daddy not love me? Why don’t he want me mommy?”

            I swallowed hard and looked down at him willing myself not to cry. Though, Beau looked like he wanted to burst into tears. I gathered Beau into my arms, and held him while he cried. “Baby, it’s not that he doesn’t want you. When you were born daddy and I… Well daddy and I weren’t around each other anymore. I guess you could say, Daddy loved someone else and was already getting married to her.” I said quietly, knowing that I would never be able to explain to him what really happened in a way that he would understand.

            Though, he didn't say anything. He laid there and silently cried in my arms. And the only thing I felt was remorse. I hated myself at this moment, and I couldn’t seem to understand how I could have ever thought this would be the right decision.

            How was I ever going to tell Danny this? My talk with Beau only made everything so much harder. Now, I am going to have to tell him that Beau is his child and I am going to have to worry with the fact that Danny might not accept him since it’s been so long.

Chapter 32

Danny

            I woke up with the best feeling this morning. Every part of me knew that this day had only been amazing because it was now the night that I would take Samantha on our first date. Ever.  I know, I still had last night when Charlie was standing on my door step on my mind but honestly, she doesn’t matter anymore. The only person that I want is Samantha, and I intend on showing that to her.

            I quickly slipped into a pair of nice jeans and then a nice white button up shirt with a blazer over it. I glanced over to the mirror making sure I looked alright. This night had to be perfect; hell, I don’t think anything could ruin this night.

            As I looked out of the window, I realized that it was later than I thought. The sun had now gone down and there was nothing but darkness outside. It was a perfect night that would hopefully turn out to be the perfect ending for Samantha, Beau and me. I would love to have Samantha and Beau all to myself with nothing to worry about for once. It would be my ideal life.

            I quickly grabbed my keys and then headed out to my car, I couldn’t possible wait any longer to be with her. It was like I had to see her now.

            Ten minutes later I was finally at Samantha’s home. I quickly got out of the car and stood there for a moment looking at her home. All the lights were on throughout the house, and I could see Beau sitting in the living room watching television from the bay window. He was simply amazing, and Samantha was lucky to have him.