Between Love & Deception (Chapter 25)

Recap-

An hour later, we were all off into the night. I had to say it was an amazing night to go out on the town since the stars were lighting up the sky, and the wind had a light blow to it. It was peaceful and quiet, I guess you would say.

Samantha and I walked along behind Izzy and Kameron while they walked hand in hand. I had the biggest urge to grab her hand but something stopped me. I can’t say just what it is, but it’s something.

Maybe, it’s the way she is walking with her arms crossed. A kind of walk that screams, ‘I really don’t want to be involved in this’ which, I guess I can understand. She has grown up, she is a mother now. A beautiful, amazing, remarkable mother.

I glanced over to her quickly, “You look amazing Samantha.” My voice was quiet, but I wanted her to here.

I watched as she smiled and blushed, “Thank you.”

The smile she smiled hit me, there is no way I am going to be able to be friends with this girl. No way. I laughed to myself, if I make it through this trip without coming on to her it will be crazy.

Chapter 25

Samantha

The club we were at was amazing. As I sat alone at the bar, I took in my surroundings. Of course, it wasn’t anything like New York City’s finest dance clubs but it was still amazing. I guess you could say, a small town girl such as myself still gets amazed every time I see something different. You would think I was used to this kind of stuff by now.

The place was called Club Level, and it was like something I had never seen before. Fluorescent lights flashed everywhere and the lasers were brighter than anything. For a moment when we first walked in, I was freaked out to even leave everyone else’s side.

I turned to the bartender who was running around behind the bar, and motioned for him.

“What can I get for you pretty lady?” The guy smiled, and then wiggled his eye brows. I almost rolled my eyes, but I stopped myself.

“A Cosmo, please.”