Between Love & Deception (Chapter 31)

Recap-

         Finally he moved away from me, and smiled again. “I think it is best to leave Danny Bradford alone, don’t you? Or I will have to take it upon myself to tell him your dirty secret. And I have a feeling he won’t be too happy to find out that he has had a long son for all of these years. Hell, he would probably even deny the little shit head. I mean I don’t even know what I am talking about, how could Danny be so stupid and not realize that he had a child. Beau looks so much like him that he probably pushes it out of his mind just because he doesn’t want to know.

            I stayed quiet, as he insulted both of the people that I had ever really loved in my life and he was telling me I had to stay away from one of them in order to keep his mouth shut. What in the hell am I going to do? I wanted so badly to make everything better with Danny and me but with Tanner and all of his threats I was starting to believe that it wasn’t going to happen anytime soon.

            As Tanner walked out of the house, he smiled and then kissed me on the cheek. I suddenly felt disgusted at myself; this wouldn’t be happening if it weren’t from me. Neither beau nor Danny deserves this.

Chapter 31

Danny

            As I walked up the stairs to my condo, I couldn’t help but smile. I had finally gotten to the right place, the place where I am supposed to be. The place that holds the one that I care for truly. I would say that I am still in love with Samantha but my mind keeps telling me that it’s too early. I want to take things slow, I want to know everything about her and everything her heart desires. I could care less about what happened in the past, I know I was the reason we ended all those years ago but she seemed like she was passed it. So I have to forgive myself for what I did to her.

            I made my way up the last flight of stairs and I grabbed the key out of my wallet. I was still smiling, hell I feel like I am on top of the world right now. Every kiss that Samantha gives me puts more light in my body than I ever have. Nothing could bring me down right now.

            As I turned the corner to my door, there was a figure standing outside. As I got closer, I could tell that it was a woman because of her body structure. She was tall, and had a nice body but it wasn’t anything like Samantha’s.

            Suddenly, as she revealed her fiary red hair I knew exactly who it was. It was Charlie. I stood there, confused for a moment but then I walked past her straight to my door and opened it silently.

            I knew that this was probably something dealing with my dad, so I let her in anyways. She was looking nice, but it didn't make me want her. I was all Samantha’s.

            “What are you doing here Charlie?” I asked, slightly annoyed since I was tired.

            She smiled, and then made herself at home as she sat down on the couch. “I just came by to see how you were doing.” She asked quietly.