Between Love & Deception (Chapter 22)

** I REALLY WANNA PUT BEAU IN MY CAST. ANY SUGGESTIONS?**

 Recap-         

            His lips trailed up my neck, and over my jawline but then he stopped. He looked me dead in the eye, with a serious look on his face. I was waiting for it though, I know he is about to kiss me.

            Seconds later, his lips were taking mine. It was like he was controlling me, because I didn't push him away like I did last night. I wanted his lips on mine. He pushed me harder up against the counter, and smiled against my lips. Once he pulled away, he kept his eyes on mine.

            “Last night…” He scratched his neck a little bit, and he looked confused. “Last night was amazing Samantha.”

            At that moment, I squeezed my eyes shut to keep the tears that immediately stung my eyes from falling. Danny never had any intention on confessing his love to me. He must not remember anything he said, because he obviously thinks we only slept together last night since he thinks it was amazing.

            He looked at me with a weird face, “What’s wrong? Don’t you agree?”

            I wave of nausea washed over me. To think, I was waiting all morning for something he doesn’t even remember saying. That’s like waiting for hell to freeze over.

Chapter 22

Samantha

            Last night was amazing.

            The words Danny said made no sense, but they were implanted in the back of my mind. Once I opened my eyes, I was staring into Danny’s worried eyes.

            “Did I say something wrong?” He asked, sheepishly.

            I managed to maneuver myself from his embrace, and put my attention back on breakfast. “No, you didn't.” Honestly, I didn't know how to correct him. I couldn’t exactly just tell him that he confessed his love, and that we didn't sleep together.

            That would just make everything more awkward that it already is.

            He walked closer to me, pulling my body once again into his. “Do you regret it?”

            “Regret what?” I snapped. He obviously was just assuming that we had sex last night, because he doesn’t remember telling me he loved me still.