Between Love & Deception (Chapter 8)

Chapter 8

Samantha’s POV

            As soon as Izzy opened the door to her beautiful new home, I was amazed. It was almost as big as her parents’ home. Izzy smiled, excitedly. “Samantha!!!” She screamed loud. “I have missed you so much!” She pulled me into a tight hug, she looked the same as ever. Still sexy, blonde, and skinny.

            I smiled at the fact, that I could really tell that she did miss me. “I have missed you too Iz.” It had been almost two years since I had seen her though we talked on Skype or the telephone almost every day. So we haven’t grown to much apart.

            When she finally released me from her hug, she looked down at Beau. I have to say, he did look handsome. I had dressed him in a while polo shirt, and a pair of khaki pants. Hell, I spend more time on dressing him than me. I felt a bit dressed down as I walked into the house, everyone was wearing sundresses and heels. I was wearing a pair of Rockin’ Republic white skinny jeans and nice colorful top.

            I believe I was extremely undressed, but no one noticed. Their eyes were all on Beau.

            I watched as Izzy picked Beau up and immediately started playing with him, and then the rest of the girls here were flocking to him.

            I looked over at Carter, who stood there talking to Tanner Callahan with a frown on his face.

            “What’s wrong with you sweetheart?” I held back wince that came along with the word ‘sweetheart.’ I guess I had to make them believe.

            Carter laughed immediately, “The women are supposed to be flocking to me, not Beau. He’s a bit young.”

            Carter and Tanner immediately died out laughing with his comment, and I giggled as well. I don’t think Carter could be anymore self-absorbed.

            Tanner finally looked at me and smiled, “Samantha Smith, you haven’t changed one bit.”

            I blushed at him comment; my looks hadn’t changed a bit. My personality, I hope had gotten a little bit more mature. “Well, Tanner you haven’t changed a bit.” I moved closer to give him a slight hug, “How is life treating you?” I asked.

            “So-so.” His answer was short, and sweet. “The book store is still up and running good as ever.”

            I smiled, at my high-school job. I had missed that place so much. “I’ll have to come visit.”