Between Love & Deception (Chapter 5)

Chapter 5

Danny’s POV

            The rest of my trip had been very nerve wracking. In all honesty, going home was the last thing I wanted to be doing right at this moment. As I was riding on the ferry, everything was peaceful. It had been so long since I had been on this thing. As a matter of fact, it had been so long since I had seen this ocean.

            I think the last time I visited, was about two years ago for Christmas. There was a huge fallen out with my dad, over the Charlie thing. As much as he said he didn't mind, everyone in their right mind new dad was still pissed about it. Not that I cared that much, hell I spent most of my time going passed what he said anyways.

            When the ferry was finally at the dock, I stood up from the bench and reluctantly grabbed my bags. I had planned on staying at home while I was here, but honestly I wasn’t sure if I would. Everything would be so hectic, while they were getting wedding plans together and all that non-sense.

            Once the ferry was docked and everything, I made my way off to see Izzy standing there up against her car. I hadn’t seen my baby sister in almost two years, and she was still looking beautiful as ever. I couldn’t help but smile, as she pushed off the car and ran over to me. She jumped up into my arms where I held her tightly as she hugged me. “Dan, I have missed you so much.”

            I chuckled a little bit as I almost dropped her, since I was holding her and all three of my bags. “I’ve missed you too sis.”

            I took in Izzy’s excited breaths as she ran around to the driver’s seat of the car, “Can you believe it? I’m getting married Danny.” She flashed the ring in front of my face and smiled the biggest smile ever.

            “Actually, I can. Congraduatltions.” I told her, as I calmly made my way to her car. I slumped down into the passenger seat, and smirked. “Why didn't Kameron come along?”

            I watched as she glanced up at the clock in her car, “He is still at work.”

            I nodded, and then looked out the window at the town I hadn’t seen in a long time. Oddly, nothing had changed. It was still the same Oak Bluff, Massachusetts that I had left.

            Then, I turned my gaze towards Izzy, who was concentrating on the road. “Dad home?”

            She winced a little bit, and then looked at me sincerely. “Yupp. I mean I still don’t know why you guys can’t put that behind you. You can’t help you weren’t in love with Charlie.”