Between Love & Deception (Chapter 29)

Recap-

            Kameron laughed, and the sighed. “Dude they are girls, talking and crying are what they do best.”

            I knew that but it seemed different. Izzy really looked hurt, and Samantha looked hurt but even more so guilty. “I just don’t know what to do, I really don’t want to lose her again. I can’t lose her again.” I said as I bent over putting my elbows on my knees and running my hands through my hair.

            “Dan, have you ever thought about doing something nice for her? Hell, maybe even take her on yall’s first date. Right now, a bad ending is where I see all of this going. It’s the same way you started it the first time. Jumping head over feet and look at the way it turned out. You guys have already engaged in sex and yeah I know it’s probably great but there is more to a relationship than sex.”

            I listened carefully to everything he was saying and I knew he was right. Samantha and I had never gone on a date and as far as I am concerned we know only the basic things about each other. I smiled at this new project I was about to partake in, hopefully I would be able to talk her into for forgiving me for my actions and words. This is exactly what I needed; A way to pull her to me and make her fall for me all over again so she will never want to leave me.

Chapter 29

Samantha

            Izzy and I walked down the streets of Boston in complete silence. She hadn’t spoken a word to me since this morning and I was too scared to say anything at all. As I came to realization, Izzy has every right to be pissed, irate, fuming, and most importantly she has every right to be disappointed. Hell, I would be extremely upset if she ever kept something that important like that from me.

            I wouldn’t be surprised if she never spoke to me again.

            This situation only made me think to the part when I actually get the nerve to tell Danny. I am not even sure what he will do. What if he denies Beau and doesn’t want him? What if he thinks Beau is only a burden and a mistake? These thoughts only make me not want to tell him at all. I know that it’s my fault and all but I mean damn what was a supposed to do at the time? Beg him to take the woman that held his unborn child back? It wouldn’t have been that easy.

             It may have been at one point, but after Danny promised everything to me and then broke everything off for a woman he didn't love everything changed.

            Tears gathered in my eyes, and I knew I wouldn’t be able to hold these back. Why couldn’t he have just come for me after he broke things off with Charlie? The real question was, why didn't he want me anymore?

            I quickly dried the tears that had fallen from my face, and Izzy finally looked up at me with remorse. “Stop crying Samantha…” She squeezed her eyes shut, “…I guess I can understand your motives.” She said, in a quiet manner.