Chapter 6

I watched her as she walked towards me only stopping once in front of me, her right hand staying in her pocket.

"Open wide." She told me.

   I opened my mouth as she said but something told me she didn't have a thermometer in her pocket. My eyes stayed on her right arm as she began to pull her hand out, it happened in a flash as my hands moved to grab her arm. I held her arm back as I saw the tube she pulled from her pocket in her hand. Dang she's strong for an old lady, I thought.

As I held her back she blurted out, "Looks like your powers have grown since last night."

   As I heard her say these words, it hit me. I began to remember what happened last night; I remembered the two suited men and the old woman with the covered face, and what they did to me. I saw the old woman's face clearly now. It looked the same as the nurses.

"I remember you; you were in the limo last night." I said as my face twisted with confusion.

   The red glow around her began disappearing as she lowered her hand.  We stared at each other as I wondered why she was doing this.

I couldn't take the silence as I said

"Who are you and why are you trying to kill me?"

"After last night it came to my attention that you are the gifted one." She replied

"Gifted with what?" I asked

"The greatest power an assassin can have; Hidden Intent." She informed me

"What is that?" I questioned again

   I watched her, still paranoid she would attack again. But instead of attacking she began pacing her old withered body moving quicker than before.

"It's the power you used in the warehouse." She finally told me.

"What? When I made the bats stop?" My face wrinkled up as I became more confused by what she was saying.

"You didn't know? Your father never mentioned this to you?" She asked, looking incredulous.

"No, he died before I got this power." I felt myself frown. It had only been a few months since Dad died it still hurt to think about it.

"That's how it works Hidden Intent can only be obtained by another once the one who has it dies." She explained to me.

   I listened to what she said as a thought went through my head

"Wait does this mean my father had this power before me?" I wondered

"Yes, and he got it from his father."

"Well since I have this power what all can I do with it?"

"So far you have only used the hidden presence which you already know causes those around you human and animal to lose their Killer Intent towards you." She was patient in answering my questions.

"What is Killer Intent?"

"It's the essence of violence ever living creature has."

"Well what purpose do I have in all of this?" I felt like I was interrogating her.

"As the owner of Hidden Intent, it is your duty to stop those whose Killer Intent is out of control."

"What if I don't want to?" I asked stubbornly.

"Then they will come and take it from you." That definitly sounded like a threat.

 "Then I'll just give it to them. Then I won't have to worry about it."

"That's not how it works sonny, you can't just give away the Hidden Intent."

"Then how do I get rid of it?"

"I am sorry to say this but you have to die."

"What?" I was shocked.

"People will come for you and they will try and kill you to get the HIdden Intent."

"NO!" I screamed

   My body moved on its own as the Hidden Intent went out of control. I pushed her out of the way and grabbed my bag my body felt as if it was on fire.

"What about momma?" I exclaimed running out of the room.