Chapter 5

As the bus arrived I deactivated my ability and found a seat at the back of the bus. The bus took off while I sat looking out the window stopping again to pick up the next stop. As people got on I heard the familiar voice of our team's pitcher.

"Hey dude."

"Hey Amanda." I replied as she walked to the back and sat next to me.

"You ready for today's game?"

"Yea we have this game in the bag with you as pitcher."

"Yea I guess I am pretty good." With a smirk across her face.

    We looked at each other and began to laugh. As the bus got to school I got off and made my way into the building and up the stairs to the fourth floor. As I walked up the stairs, the feeling returned even worse this time. I reached into my pocket pulling the bottle out. As I began to twist the top the pain was too much for me to handle as I struggled to open the bottle, I began falling backwards down the stairs. As I landed, the bottle rolled from my hands and I lost consciousness.

    I awoke in the nurse's office, I knew by the eye chart on the wall. I looked around wondering how I got there, the nurse walked in as she heard the bed springs squeaking. I was still lying on the bed when she walked over asking,

"You had a pretty bad fall are you ok?"

"What happened?"

"Last thing I remember I was going to see coach about the game."

"A student saw you fall down the stairs, when they brought you in, you were unconscious, looked like exhaustion. So, I let you rest."

"You've been asleep all day, schools almost over."

I jumped  up asking "Has the bus left for the players?"

"No, the games been cancelled due to a severe thunderstorm thats been going on all day."

I sat back down disappointed "Can I go to class then?"

"Yea, but after I check a few things."

     She walked across the room her old body making it take longer, as she reached the cabinet opening the drawer and pulling out a small flashlight device. She closed the drawer and walked back over telling me to look straight ahead.

    I did as she told me and kept my head straight as she shined the light from eye to eye. When she finished she told me,

"Well it looks to me you don't have a concussion, but your eyes look swollen are you in any pain?"

"No, but I have been getting these painful headaches today."

"Is this an everyday thing?"

"No, it started this morning they come and go quickly."

"Thats strange let me check your temperature."

    I watched as she went back to the cabinet and opened another drawer. As I watched, something happened, a flicker of red went around her for a second. I blinked my eyes as the glowing stopped, she turned back towards me, the red light returned brighter then before. As she got closer I began to get a weird feeling as the headache returned.