Chapter 3

I watched as the bat flew up into the darkness of the warehouse; losing sight of it as I continued to hear its wings flapping. With bat in hand I waited. getting the feeling that the bat was watching me, waiting for me to lower my guard so it could attack. I tried using my ability but the fatigue was too much for me to handle, as soon as it stopped it had started again. I had no clue what else to do; wishing I had a flashlight right now, I began making my way to the wall, thinking the wall would prevent me from being attacked from behind. As I turned my back to the wall, I saw it flying straight at me, I saw its white face now red from all the blood dripping from its mouth. Its red eyes still glaring so bright, I could see them even with its face covered in all the blood. It continued to fly straight for me as it began to release a screech so loud it could of masked the sound of the whole swarm, my nerves stood still as I knew this would be it.

     The wound on my arm hurt but I didn't let it phase me. I held the bat tighter as it got closer, I held the bat until the moment came, "SHOOO"  the basebat flew through the air until, "KRRRK" as the bat made contact with the white bat's skull. The force of the blow sent the bat flipping through the air into the metal sliding door. The bat's back hit the door first as blood began smearing onto the wall as it slowly slid down the wall, till completely dropping to the floor. It's head pointed in my direction, it's red eyes closed, it's once white fur nearly completely red. I watched the bat for a few minutes making sure it was really finished, seeing that it hadn't made a move I began making my way to the door.

      The bats body was a mere inches from my feet, as I began to knock on the door, waiting a few seconds I looked down and decided to take the bat by grabbing it by its feet. The door began to rumble as it slid open, suprising me by the two giant sized men both wearing black suits with white ties and black shades.

The one on the left said "Seems you have finished the mission."

I replied "Yes, who are you?"

Neither of them replied to the question only saying, "Exit the warehouse."

      I walked passed the two of them seeing a black limo parked behind them.

One of the men told me to "Walk to the limo."

      As I got closer the window began to go down, showing the hooded women, she began to praise me for the job "Kid you did a good job you even got the leader."  She reached her hands through the window asking for the bat I placed the bat into her hands; a few drips of blood continued falling from its body. She placed the body into a cloth bag she picked up off the floor, tying the bag and placing it back on the floor.

As she did I asked, "why did you ask me to do this job?"

She replied "Your father was one of this cities best exterminaters and when I heard he had a son I knew you would get the job done."

I said to her "Yeah he was the best, taught me everything I know, he's the reason I started my own extermination business."

Patting the bag she told me "With work like this i'm sure your business with be a big success."

I replied "Yes, now about my payment it should be $225."

      She signalled the two men, one was holding a suitcase and began to open it. I thought to myself as the case opened, just my second job done and i'm making over $200. The suited man opened the suitcase but nothing was inside the second suited man grabbed me, the baseball bat fell from my hand as he restrained me from moving.

As the man held me, the lady said "Thats a pretty bad wound on your arm."

      I looked, feeling the wound still bleeding, I tried to break free from the giant man's grip but he was too strong. The man holding the suitcase pulled from it a big round syringe, I shook harder trying to free myself as the man holding me, exposed my neck as the other stuck the needle in, the night sky began to swirl around as I lost consciousnes.