Breakfast

MAINE's POV

I woke up to the sound of cars honking.

Time: 5:20 am

I look up and there he was, my man, my Rj. And he looked so handsome. Yes, kami na. Even I can't believe it. Last night was the best night of my life so far and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I stretched a bit, stood up, careful not waking Tisoy because I wanted to witness the sunrise. I quickly got his jacket and put it on. It was a cold december morning indeed. Mmm, ang bango. Ang bango talaga ng Rj ko.

I can see the sun peeking from where I was standing and it's a marvelous sight. Napa-emote tuloy ako. Sunrises symbolize new beginnings, right? Well, today is my new beginning with Rj. Forget all the heartbreaks of the past and move one. And nothing else would make me happier than being with Rj. It's a surreal feeling of having only met a few months back, and now we're here, together.

It's a mystery, even to me, of how I fell for him, so fast. It usually takes me a year before I'm really sure I have feelings for someone. But with Rj, it's different. It's like a tsunami, it hit me by surprise and I'm overwhelmed.

Ayan, malapit na sumikat ang araw. Napayakap ako sa sarili ko, ang lamig.

And then, a pair of arms embraced me from the back.

"Good morning, my love."

He then planted a soft kiss on my shoulder.

"Good morning, Tisoy. Ang ganda ng sunrise oh. Watch it with me?"

"I'd love to. And, I love you, Maine."

I turned to face him.

"I love you too, Rj."

The meeting of the colors of the sky and sun are indescribably beautiful. It's like merging 2 opposite melodies and getting a soulful symphony. We watched in awe enveloped in each other's arms.

//

ALDEN's POV

"Breakfast, love?"

"Yes please, I'm starving."

"Tara, let's go down to my condo. I'll cook for you."

She agreed and we entered the elevator. I'm still in awe of what happened last night. I can now call her, mine.

I got my condo's keys from my pocket and opened the door. Everything's organized, as I am OC as heck.

"So, what do you want for breakfast? I have bacon, eggs and toast. How about pancakes? I'll cook anything for you."

"Hmm, can I please have a steaming plate of my Rj?"

She giggled while blushing.

"How about a kiss?"

"Yes please, I 'd like that very much."

She stood up and placed her arms around my neck, facing me. I then put one of my hands on her waist and the other on the curve of her back, caressing it. I inched closer until we're just an inch apart. I didn't hesitate for long and crashed my lips on to hers. Her lips were full, sweet and inviting. It was a long, passionate kiss and I can feel my face heat up. It wasn't too long before we both pulled away.

"Okay, busog na ako. What a lovely breakfast, Rj."

"My pleasure. Anything else, Maine?"

"No thanks. Ikaw lang, okay na."

--------------

Short chapter, but there's another one coming up. Enjoy ❤️❤️❤️