Unexpected Meeting

MAINE
-------------

"Maine, ready ka na?" Direk Pat asks me.

"Yes Direk, ready na ako."

Alden just finished his performance and I am anxiously waiting for my turn. Commercials are soon over and my hands are cold. Before I knew it, I take the stage.

I can see him watching on the screen with Kuya Wally aka Lola Nidora.  I am in full knowledge of it; the script said that Alden would be watching, but why am I this nervous? It's not the audience nor the celebrities watching that's getting my knees trembling - it's the thought of him seeing me showcase a different side of myself.

This is just acting, Meng. Reality check.

I finished my act and Direk Pat instructed me to pretend to look for Alden around Broadway. And so I did. I ran back and forth "looking" for him. The crowd was going wild. Everyone is as anxious as me.

"Jan ka lang, Maine!" Direk Pat said.

So I stayed, Direk Pat said I should look disappointed. The cameras are pointed at me while my back was turned against the hallway.

*God gave me you..*

I turn around and there he was. I smiled, did my signature pabebe wave and tears began to roll down my cheeks.

ALDEN
-------------

It was all so surreal.

I face the hallway and there she was. I see Maine emerge from afar. Closer and closer. A few feet apart. My heart is racing and sweat began to form on my forehead.

I don't know what to feel.

We waited two months for this.

"Alden, dahan dahan lang ang paglakad!" Miss Jenny instructed.

She smiled and waved at me. I don't know how to react. Should I run? So we can finally meet face to face?

And then that freaking plywood fell in between us.

Whoa. What's this? We still can't meet? Lola Nidora speaks and I just sat there, while tears fall from my eyes. The plywood was thin, and I can feel Maine's back on mine. To be honest, I feel so disappointed. I didn't realize that despite of the act, I am longing to meet her. But I can't complain, this is a part of the story.

Even if I just saw a glimpse of her, she's so beautiful. Her eyes are piercing. Finally I saw her face to face.

Before I know it, the infamous "busina" cued.