Blank

ALDEN

She gave me her number.

Finally, we can communicate. I fiddled with my phone a bit, shortly after Maine gave me her number. Our MBL shoot just finished and it was in the wee hours of the night. I rub my tired eyes as I open my messages. Should I call her? Text her?

It's no mystery that I'm growing feelings for Maine. She's a huge part of my success right now and she means a lot to me. But, whether those feelings are going towards where everyone thinks it's going, I have yet to find out. After all, I'm still getting to know the real Maine Mendoza.

We had a few conversations here and there, small talk, I guess. It mostly happens during breaks. I still haven't had the chance to be alone with her. I still feel as though she's still struggling to open up to me. But to what I can see, she seems like the person I imagined her to be. Beautiful. Inside and out.

I look at my watch; it was 3:46 am. I need to get home.

--------------

MAINE

*beep*

I felt my phone vibrate under my pillow. I couldn't sleep. I feel restless. I took my phone, oh I got a text message. Who the heck texted me at this hour?

Blank. I received a blank message.

It's Tisoy.

Hmm. What does this mean? Did he intend to send a blank text? Maybe. Maybe not.

I put my phone back under my pillow and close my eyes. Before I knew it, I drift to sleep.

/

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. Ugh. Another early morning, Maine, wake up.

I laid in bed a bit and I remembered Tisoy's blank text message last night, *Ring ring*

I let my phone ring for a bit. Maybe it's Direk Pat, we have an early call time today.

I rub my eyes, let out a yawn and in the corner of eye I saw Tisoy's name on my phone screen. He was calling me.

"Hello?"

I let out a sigh and responded, "Hi, Alden"

"Sorry pala sa blank text kagabi. Hawak ko kasi yung phone ko habang nakahiga. Ayun, before I knew it I sent you a blank text." He explained,

"Okay lang yun. Sige, prepare muna ako, maaga call time today eh. It was nice talking to you." I said. I didn't know how to react. It was the first time he called. His voice was like music to my ears. What a great way to start my morning.

"Okay, ingat ka. See you later, Meng." He ended the call.

Pero teka, he was looking at my number before he slept?

---------------