Tamang Panahon

"..dumating na ang tamang panahon!"

ALDEN

41 million tweets. 55,000 people screaming our names. It's all so surreal.

It's the morning after but I'm still hung over. I can't believe we made it this far.

Ma, we did it. I put my head between my hands and prayed, Lord, thank you.

I got out of bed, ready to face the day. I greet my Dad who was downstairs, busy fiddling with his phone. "Dad, good morning."

"Good morning, anak. Hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala sa mga nangyari kahapon. Nabingi na yata ako sa mga sigaw ng tao. Grabe, sikat na sikat ka na anak."

"Opo, dad. Maski ako hindi ko inakala. Salamat talaga sa Diyos. Salamat din kay Maine." Tears began forming on the corners of my eyes. I get so emotional lately. I'm still in awe of it all.

My dad smiled, looked at me and said, "Kung nandito si Mama mo ngayon, siguradong proud na proud yun sayo, nak." He put his arm on my shoulders.

"I'm proud of you, anak." I succumbed to my emotions and wrapped my arms around my dad who also getting emotional. Tears kept flowing from my eyes as thoughts of my Mom entered my mind.

-------------

I went early to the set of SPS to rehearse for my segments. As soon as I entered the room, people were saying their congratulations. I see Jerald approaching, with the biggest grin on his face. "Pambansang Bae! Oh ano na? May hang over ka pa?"

I just smiled and greeted him. I can't contain my emotions during rehearsals. I catch myself smiling at random times. Good thing no one was looking.

I can't help but look back at what happened yesterday. Maine is so beautiful.

As soon as I stepped on the stage, I dropped the bouquet of roses and the box of shoes. Our gaze met. She was so beautiful in that gown. She looked like a princess. Her eyes were piercing, her lips full. I walk towards her as Lola Nidora approached us. "Alden, Yaya Dub, eto na, ang tamang panahon!"

I gave her my arm as we emerged forward. I sang our song to her and I was overwhelmed with joy. This is it. No more split screen, no more plywood, no more "1 foot", no more "no touch", no more restrictions, no more limitations. I can get to know her better.

I hugged her. There was a jolt of electricity that flowed through my body. I couldn't decipher what it meant. All I know is, this is everything I prayed for. God gave me.. Her.

"Alden, uy!" Jerald got me out of my trance. "DJ Bae segment na. Napano ka?"

"Wala, wala. Napagod lang kahapon." I responded.

We went on the DJ Bae segment and after saying goodbye to the first caller, the phone rang. Second caller? Hmm.

Then, a familiar voice resounded in the studio. It was Maine.

Calm yourself, RJ. It's just her. "Maine Mendoza po."

What? Hindi ako na-orient!

-------------

MAINE

I was asked by Direk Tuviera to prank Alden on SPS. I was more than happy to oblige. After all, hindi na bawal mag-usap.

"Hindi ako na-orient!" He said. And I was laughing my butt off when I finished the call.

I left the studio to attend Baby Matti's christening. I'm surrounded with family and friends. Ah, how I missed this. I haven't spent time with my family for such a long time. Life in show business is catching up on me. I have so many commitments, left and right. and to think, the biggest event of my life just happened yesterday. Wow, Maine, dreams really do come true.

Even at the reception, everyone was asking to take pictures with me. Little old Nicomaine Mendoza. Who would have thought?

"Home!"

I immediately went upstairs to my room and Coleen caught up to me.

"Meng, anong feeling?" Coleen, curious.

"Ah-" I can't seem to find the words to say.

"Overwhelming"

"Eh, yung hug ni Alden anong feeling?" I see Coleen grinning as she grabs the pillow behind her.

"Ayun, okay naman."

"Anong okay naman? Kinabahan ka ba? Kinilig? Ano?" Coleen's brows furrowed further after each inquiry.

"Kinabahan, syempre. Ikaw ba naman yakapin ng isang Alden Richards. Infairness, ang bango niya."

Coleen's grin grew bigger. "Ikaw na, Meng!"

------------------