TBNGBWALSP...Chapter Twelve

That Butt Naked Godly Being With A Lovely Six Pack.

Chapter Twelve

After a while of walking through the woods, and a few times realizing I was going the wrong way, I finally made my way to a break of the trees, and sighed over dramatically at the sight of my house just a few steps to my right.

Trudging towards my house, I slowly turned the door handle, and slipped into the door, all while praying I wouldn't be heard.

Just my luck though, once the door was shut tightly behind me, my eyes landed on my dad's not so happy figure standing a few steps from the door way, his hands crossed in anger over his chest.

"Where were you?" My dad wondered, his voice coming out strong and demanding. 

Flinching at his tone, I wanted to excuse myself quickly, but I knew that wasn't an option. Taking a deep breath, I let my gaze stay on the floor, as I threw together a lie in my head on my long absence, and frantic stop at home before I left once more.

When my dad grew impatient, he began tapping his foot on the floor lightly, and I felt my heart rate increase, "I was...uh..." I mumbled. "I was taking my walk, and..." I stumbled over my words, contemplating just telling my dad the truth. After a moment of saying nothing, I finally caved to the sound of my dad's tapping foot, and looked up to meet my dad's gaze, "I stumbled on this guy who was bleeding profusely. I knew I couldn't just leave him there, so I helped him home, and his parents took him to get medical attention,"  I explained, only partially lying.

My dad stared at me for a moment, his expression torn between not believing me, and believing me, and when he finally sighed, he expression relaxed greatly. "I still wish you would have told me," He grumbled.

Rolling my eyes, I put my hands on my hips, "And let the poor boy bleed to death!" I shrieked, exaggerating my disapproval, even though the simple thought of letting Seth bleed to death had my stomach twisting in a knot.

Shaking his head quickly, a smile curved the edge of my dad's lips, and I couldn't help but smile back, "Of course not, Corey..." My dad sighed, "I just..." He paused, trying to find the right words to explain what was on his mind, "Of forget it," He mumbled after a few moments of silence.

"Oh and dad," I spoke softly, receiving my dad's full attention as his response. Preparing to tell him how Seth's family invited me to dinner tomorrow, I suddenly felt a lie roll of my tongue, "Mel invited me for dinner with her family tomorrow night, is that alright?"  I spoke, mentally cursing myself for lying so easily to my dad, but I knew he wouldn't accept to me dinning with a family he doesn't know, and for some reason, the desire to see Seth again had me lying to go there.

My dad smiled, and nodded, "Of course, you know I love that family. They are just a lovely family..." He answered, just as Della came hesitantly around the corner.

"Is it okay to come in?" She wondered, biting onto her bottom lip nervously.

Nodding together in unison, both me and my dad turned out attention to Della, "Of course, Della," I spoke softly.

She smiled brightly, "Oh good," She spoke clapping her hands together, "Would you mind setting the table Corey?" Della asked me sweetly. Nodding quickly, I skipped out of the room, and entered the kitchen. "I hope you didn't go crazy man on her," Della's voice touched my ears ever so softly as I pulled three plates out  of the cabinet.

"Of course not, Della..." He voice faded off into a soft whisper.

Hearing Della giggle a moment later, I felt my eyes widen, and was extremely thankful I didn't hear what ever my dad had told her.