TBNGBWALSP...Chapter Four

That Butt Naked Godly Being With A Lovely Six Pack.

Chapter Four:    

Avoiding my dad the next morning, didn't prove as successful as I had hoped.

Almost the second I made it to the bottom step, my dad's voice touched my ears. "Corey, come here please," He spoke softly.

Pretending I didn't hear his voice, I continued making my way to the kitchen, where I made my self a bowl of cereal.

Thinking it had got into his head that I didn't want to talk to him, I was slightly surprised when I heard my dad's voice from right behind me. "Corey, I'm sorry, I don't know what you want me to say to you...It's just...I'm..." He spoke, coming to an abrupt stop when he couldn't continue his sentence any more, his voice breaking.

My dad sighed from behind me, and as felt warm tears spring to life in my eyes, my dad rubbed my shoulders. Standing there, brought back so many memories of when my mom and I would argue, and how my dad would always be the peace make. He would always somehow get us laughing together again not much after we fought.

Closing the refrigerator slowly, I quickly turned around, and clung to my dad, "I'm so sorry..." My dad mumbled, his face pressed into my hair, "I will always love your mother." He told me his voice breaking slightly.

I nodded in his chest; it was so hard to stay mad at my dad, when all he does in my life is make me happy. He has been there for me through everything, from my first dance recital when I was five, to my schools volleyball game just before winter break. "Don't leave me," I let the tears fall from my eyes freely, as I sobbed into my dad's shirt.

"Oh hon...Corey, I'm not going anywhere, I promise." He whispered, kissing the top of my head, as he pulled my body tighter to his, his arms wrapped around me securely.

Slowly nodding my head against his chest, I leaned backwards, and drew my hand under my nose, a small chuckle leaving my lips, as well as my dad's, "I can't have you leave me dad. You're all that I have left, and if you end up with Della...She might want to move to a bigger house, or...or..." I couldn't finish the sentence, as the tears blurred my vision, and choked me up.

"Shhh, Corey..." His calming voice had me taking a deep breath, and pulling him closer, "I don't care, what ever happens, I will be there for you. I will be there on each of your birthdays, one of which is coming up," He spoke with a smile before continuing, "I will be there when you get married, I will be there when you have your own babies, I will be there as long as you want me." My dad promised.

I nodded listening to his words, "Thank you," I mumbled.

With a smile, my dad wiped under my eyes, as I pulled out of his hug, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Della," He apologized quickly, "I was going to last night, but when you came in, and freaked out on her, I panicked..." My dad explained, a malleable sigh leaving his lips.

"It's okay," I told him quietly, shaking my head slowly from side to side, "I should have gave the idea a chance..." I mumbled, "I just thought, that if you were ready to move on, and you were replacing mom so soon, and I...I don't know."  I admitted softly, dropping my gaze to the floor.

My dad chuckled lightly, and tilted my gaze up to meet his, "Your mother was...is the love of my life," He paused taking a deep breath,  "And, I will never love someone as much as I loved her, but your mother would want this, she would want me to be happy, instead of depressed all the time..." He spoke clearly, his voice almost sounding like he didn't believe what he was saying himself.

Looking into my dad's yellow eyes, I noticed them brimming with tears, "Does..." I paused clearing my throat, "Does Della make you happy?" I wondered, dragging my fingers under my eyes once again.

My dad closed his eyes for a moment, shutting out the tears, "She helps me remember that I still have a life to live, and a beautiful daughter to raise," He told me clearly.

Shaking my head, I sighed, "But does she make you happy daddy?" I asked him, my eyes locking to his.

Sighing, my dad nodded, "She makes me as happy as I can get," He told me honestly.

Smiling softly, I nodded slowly, and took in his words.

In that moment, a big realization hit me like a ton of bricks...My dad did deserve to be happy, and I was being a selfish brat thinking he was horrible to move on so quickly, but in all honestly, it's been almost a year and a half, and my dad is only a forty seven year old man, he's got life to live, and I can't expect him to morn for the rest of his life. "I give you my blessing," I told him with a smile, "But no marriage yet, you're much too young for that," I quickly added on.

My dad shook his head, a smile plastered on his face, "No, no, no, no marriage yet, I promise," He told me, holding out his pinky.

Wrapping my pinky around his, a huge smile across both of our faces, I nodded, "Pinky promise," I said releasing his pinky, and dropping my hand to my side. Giving my dad another smile, I turned, and poured milk my bowl of cereal. After replacing the milk in to the refrigerator, I carried the bowl to the kitchen table, and sat it down softly, before dragging the chair out from underneath the table

Sitting criss crosse in the wooden chair, I began shoveling bites of coco puffs into my mouth, they weren't my favorite, but I still enjoyed them every once and a while.

"Can I join you?" My dad's voice touched my ears. Looking up from my cereal to meet his gaze, I gave him a quick smile before nodding.  

A couple more bites into my cereal, my dad cleared his throat, drawing my attention, "Stop making such a mess," My dad demanded, pointing at the table in front of me.

Giving my dad a confused look, I glanced down at the table, only to notice that I have splattered milk all over the table, and I also noticed that I have let a few coco puffs dance across the wood. Giving my dad a crooked smile, I leaned forward, and grabbed a napkin from the center of the table, before leaning back into my chair, and slowly cleaning my mess.

After I finished my breakfast, I quickly placed my bowl into the sink, and turned around, my eyes landing on my dad, who was working on making himself another pot of coffee, "Do you mind if I go take a walk?" I asked sweetly, "I'll only be gone for about an hour of two," I added, drawing my dad's attention away from his coffee maker.

"There's a race on in an hour and a half..." My dad informed me, nonchalantly hinting that he wanted me home in an hour and a half.

Smiling brightly, I nodded, "Alright, I'll be home in an hour and a half," I promised before turning, and jogging up the stairs to my bedroom.

My dad is an avid fan of Nascar, and ever since I was little, me and my dad have watched nearly every race together, and occasionally attend them, they are our special daddy daughter activity.

After throwing on a pair of jeans, and a long sleeve black shirt, I wandered back down stairs and slipped on my vans, grabbing my jacket as I made my way past the hallways closet.

As I made the few steps towards the forest path, I couldn't help but let my eyes wander to the spot the wolf had laid in last night, my mind instantly thinking of it's bright blue eyes, and its funny noises, bringing an uncontrollable smile to my face.

There was something about that wolf that captivated me, whether it was its blue eyes,or the fact that it was always seems so sweet, I couldn't tell you.

Making my way deeper into the woods, my ears listened closely to the sound of each moving branch, and as I walked,  I made sure to carefully scan the surrounding area for any wild animals, but unfortunately for myself, I didn't take time to watch my feet, and ended up landing flat on my face with an 'oomph'. Rolling to a sitting position, a small chuckle left my lips, and I dusted the dirt of the front of my pants and shirt.

After sitting on the floor for a moment, I slowly rose to my feet.

Just as I took one step forward, a rustling tree to my right drew my attention.

In that moment, I silently cursed myself for wanting to go on a walk in the woods.

Turning my gaze in the direction of the rustling, my eyes landed on a pitch black wolf with bright green eyes, staring directly back at me. Almost instantly after realizing his presence, I also noticed how his body was close to the ground, as if he was ready to pounce on me at any given moment. Growling at me lowly, I took it as a warning, and took a large step backwards, my hands in the air, trying to show him that I meant no harm.

With what appeared to be an evil glint in his eyes, the wolf took a step towards me.

Meeting the wolf's gaze, I wanted to, in that moment, curl into a ball, and cry my eyes out. I could see it in his eyes that me living was not an option in his book.

Taking another step backwards from the wolf, the wolf took a large hop towards me, and now stood nearly three feet away. Closing my eyes tightly, waiting for him to attack, another growl came from directly behind me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Little Note From The Author:

GOODNESS, thank you everyone who is reading this, every time I read a new comment, or see someone has voted on this, it brings this HUGE smile to me face! It really means a lot to me, I hope each and everyone of you knows that!

Alright, before I say adieu...

Just a little reminder! If you want to see me update this regularly, I would have to see a response coming from this, so if you want the next chapter quicker....VOTE and COMMENT on this chapter~

oh and maybe FAN me too;)

THANKS SO MUCH!

~J

-------------------------------

Copyrighted Material

All Rights Reserved

-------------------------------