Maybe...

A/N- shoutout to AwaseIyol just because they leave such lovely comments every chapter :) ❤️

Zoe's POV

As soon as I opened my eyes I regretted it. My head started pounding and the bright light wasn't helping. A doctor appeared by my side as soon as I opened my eyes and he started to do some tests. Once they were completed he sat on a chair next to my bed and took out a clipboard to write down the results.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked curiously.

"Three weeks" the doctor sighed and looked up at me. "You have a very loving family. Those boys have been here every day, one of them always stays over night as well"

I sighed and shook my head but the doctor didn't notice.

"One of them, Louis I think his name is, he's stayed here the most. He keeps on talking to me about your memory, wether you'd be able to remember what had happened before and during the kidnapping. But from the tests it seems your memory is fine"

"Why was he bothered about my memory?"

"He said something about wanting you to forget what had happened. Bless him, he must have been worried that the kidnapping would traumatise you"

I knew why Louis didn't want me to remember. He didn't want me to remember how they had treated. Maybe he thought if I forgot I would just go back to them and there would be no problems.

"Yeah I guess" I shrugged.

"Anyway, I'll send them in" he said and before I could protest he was out the door.

I sighed and looked around me. There was one drip going into my hand but other than that there were no other machines. The bruises on my arms were fading but the cut on my stomach hadn't started healing yet.

I looked up when the door opened and all five boys stood there with guilty expressions on their faces.

"Can we come in?" Liam asked.

"I guess" I said loftily.

They walked in and took seats around the bed. Niall came over to me and hugged me tightly. He hadn't done anything wrong so I hugged him back, burying my face in his shoulder and he kissed my head.

"So, are you going to explain or just hope that I lost my memory" I said pointedly, looking mainly at Louis.

"Look, first of all you need to know that we never meant for it to go this far" Louis started.

"But you still meant to hate me?"

"No, not at all" Harry said and moved his chair closer to the bed. "We were all just worried that you weren't spending any time with us anymore, we felt like you didn't want us anymore. You were just spending so much time with your friends..." He trailed off.

"Do you want to know why that is?" I asked, playing with a lose thread on the blanket and not looking at them.

"Yes, please" Zayn said.

"I was worried. Sometimes the fame gets to much and you can handle it, but during that I sometimes get forgotten about. I appreciate that it's hard and I'm fine with being left behind sometimes. I'm just making sure that I've got friends there if it all goes wrong"

"Oh, well that explains it a bit better" Harry nodded but his smile faded as I shook my head.

"But it doesn't explain why you let me go" I said simply.

"We just..." Louis trailed off, failing to think of something to say.

"I hope you will understand when I ask to live with someone else for a while"

"Zo please" Liam begged, he wasn't the only one with tears in his eyes.

"Just go, please" I said and put my head down so I couldn't see them.

I heard sighs and chairs scraping across the floor. I looked up just in time to see the last person walking out the door.

"Wait" I said and Harry turned around.

I don't know what made me do it. Maybe it was guilt, or maybe it was just because I knew I couldn't live without them. They had been there for me at the worst points in my life, and they had taken me out of the hole of worry I had dug myself into.

"If I stay with you, and act like nothing has happened. Do you promise that this will never happen again" words couldn't explain how happy they looked.

Zayn flew towards me and wrapped me in a tight hug.

"We promise, oh god we promise. Zoe this will never happen again" he said and kept on hugging me.

The emptiness I had had inside of me suddenly dissapeared. I had my best friend back. Because although Zayn was my brother, he was more of a best friend to me. I could talk to him about anything, he was my other half.

"Cmon Zayn" Harry said impatiently from behind him.

"Give him a minute, none of us could understand how much he missed her" Niall our a hand on Harry's shoulder and looked towards us.

I hugged the other boys and we talked for a while until the other boys became hungry. They all went down to the canteen and surprisingly Niall was the one who stayed.

"Well this is a first" I chuckled.

He smiled and walked over to my bed. He laid down next to me and we looked up to the ceiling, neither of us talking.

"You did it again, didn't you" I said after a while, looking at him straight in the eye.

He nodded and squeezed my hand in his.

"I just needed to escape. And I guess I thought that was the only way to do it" he sighed.

"Niall, talk to someone if you feel like that"

"But you're back again now, I don't need to worry" he pointed out.

"Yes but you don't know if something else will make you feel down. And if it does, just talk to someone" I said simply.

"We can use get better together, deal?" He held out his hand.

"Deal" I said and shook it.

A/N- sorry for the short chapter guys! I promise the next one will be longer. Comment what you thought, are you glad Zoe forgave the boys or do you think she should have held a grudge? 12 comments and 12 votes for the next chapter?

I'd just like to mention that my goal for the first book is 100k reads. I know, it's a big wish and I'm not saying it will happen but it would be amazing if it did. So please could you guys help me and recommend the book? Maybe add it to reading lists and I will do the same for your books? It's a lot to ask but it would mean a lot :)

Love you guys ❤️