What can we do?

A/N- shoutout to chocolategurl777 because she is just too amazingly badass :)

Zoe's POV

Sydney was lying on the floor, obviously knocked out, blood was dripping down the side of her face from where she had hit her head on something.

"Fuck! What happened?" Harry cursed, bending down next to Sydney.

"I don't know" I sniffed, bending down as well.

"I'll call the police" Louis said, pulling out his phone.

"No don't, you don't know what Sydney wants you to do" I said.

"Well she doesn't look hurt enough to go to hospital. Let's just carry her out to the car and we can fix her up at home" Harry instructed and he and Louis carefully picked up Sydney.

They placed her gently on the back seat of the car and I sat by her head, making sure she didn't fall off the seat while Harry drove home as fast as he could.

The other boys were already coming out the house when we arrived and helped to get Sydney inside, she still hadn't woken up.

"God, who did this?" Liam said, outraged at how beaten up she was.

"Her mum" I whispered, but no one heard me as they were all helping get Sydney inside.

I don't know what came over me. It just suddenly happened. One of my earliest memories flashed across my eyes and I couldn't hear or see anything in the world around me.

"Daddy?" My four year old self asked, walking down the stairs as I heard the front door open.

My father walked in, stumbling slightly and stinking of alcohol.

"What are you doing up bitch!" He shouted and I jumped.

"Daddy?" I asked again, walking towards him.

"Get upstairs, and don't let me see you again!" He shouted and I gasped, running upstairs as fast as I could.

As I ran I could hear his footsteps behind me, pounding on each step...

"Zoe!" Zayn shouted. "Get inside, you'll freeze"

I walked into the house, short of breath because of what just happened. Zayn gave me a weird look as I walked past him and put a hand on my shoulder to stop me from walking. I flinched at his touch and he looked even more confused.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Nothing" I whispered and carried on walking into the room where Sydney was now sitting up with a cold pack pressed to her forehead.

"Sydney!" I said happily, running towards her and embracing her in a warm but careful hug, I didn't wasn't to injure her anymore. "Was it your mum?"

Sydney nodded and looked down to her lap. I sat on the sofa next to her.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"My mum, she busted through the door...she tried to strangle me but I fought her off. She then just beat me and left me. I don't know where she went...probably down the pub again" Sydney sighed and rubbed her hands across her face.

"Can we call the police" I asked.

"No, don't. You can't" Sydney said as tears started to escape her eyes. "If you call the police my mum will be locked up and I will end up in care. You know what that's like, I don't want it to happen"