A good day

A/N- massive shoutout to emmaswan27 who completed the competition! They voted on every chapter of adopted by one direction 1 and my big brother Liam Payne. Loads of comments were left on both books and it meant a lot to me so thankyou! The competition is still open guys and it would mean the world to me if you took part in it :) Hope you enjoy the chapter :)

Zoe's POV

I woke up the next morning in my own bed, tucked up in the covers. I looked around to my alarm clock and it read ten o'clock. I sighed in content, things were going to be okay, things...were going to get better.

I got out of bed and pulled a jumper on before walking downstairs. Liam was in the kitchen and turned around when I walked into the room.

"Hey love, do you want me to make you breakfast?" He asked.

"Um, yeah please" I looked around and saw some bread on the counter. "I'll just make some toast"

"Okay" Liam shrugged and went back to his phone.

I toasted the bread and out some butter on it before walking over to the table and sitting opposite Liam.

"What are we doing toady?" I asked conversationally.

"Just stay at home I think" Liam said. "Zayn's coming home tomorrow. I wonder if anything exciting happened on the holiday"

"Yeah" I nodded and internally laughed at how clueless the boys were.

Harry walked into the room and grinned widely when he saw me, opening his arms for a hug.

"Zoe!" He ran over to me and suffocated me in a hug.

"Um, yes" I looked from him to Liam but Liam just gave me a weird look.

Harry stood back up and so did I, walking over to the sink and putting my plate next to it.

"You know how much I love you right?" Harry asked.

He started to lean sideways, obviously planning on leaning against something. There wasn't anything there. He fell on the floor.

I rolled my eyes and couldn't help but laugh.

"You're probably the smoothest person I know Harry" I said and helped him up. "So what do you what?"

"What makes you think I want something?" Harry asked defensively.

"You walk into the kitchen smiling weirdly at me, hug me and then fall on the floor. Harry that's not what a lot of people do in the morning" I explained.

"Well, I was wondering...could you do my makeup?" He asked.

I practically choked on my own saliva.

"Excuse me?" I asked in shock.

"Could you teach me about makeup? Lou bet me that I couldn't learn anything about makeup and I want to prove her wrong" he said.

"Okay, you probably should have started with that part" I said and sighed in relief.

"So you'll do it?" He asked excitedly.

"I guess, I don't know a lot though" I shrugged and headed upstairs, Harry right behind me.

We walked into my room and I told him to sit in front of my mirror. I collected various makeup items from around my room and placed them on my dressing table.

"Okay, do you know the name of any of these?" I started.

"Um...sticky thing" Harry said, picking up the mascara. "Paint" he picked up the foundation. "Why the hell would you need a pencil for makeup" he said in disbelief, picking up the eyebrow pencil.