Chapter Fourteen

Robin's POV

I was in the practice area outside the castle. The empty target is staring at me as I take my stance. My bow was gently placed in my hands. I grabbed the new arrows that Regina got me. I placed one on the string, took a deep breath and let it fly.

The golden arrow took flight and gracefully plunged into the bulls eye. I smiled as I grabbed another arrow. Before I could let it fly I feel a strong gust of wind behind me. I smirk as I lower my bow.

"What is wrong this time milady?" I ask as I turn around.

"Snow, she is so persistent about having this ball! I don't want to have it for a number of reasons..." She starts naming all these reasons and I don't listen to her.

She looks beautiful upset. Her nose wrinkles a certain way and her gorgeous eyes grow dark. Her chest rises and falls heavily as she rants. She's very attractive when she's angry. She should be angry more often.

"Robin!" She yells as she roughly slaps my face.

"One, ow! Two, that was not called for!" I say as I hold my cheek. For such a small women she has a tremendous bite.

"You weren't even listening to me! I come her to talk to you about my problems and all you do is-" I cut her off by pressing my lips against hers. She instantly relaxes and relishes in my charm.

"Feeling better?" I ask as I pull away from her. She slightly blushes and it's adorable.

"Now, you can start from the beginning. How about we talk and walk?"

"How do you always manage to calm me down?" She asks with her chocolate eyes staring up at me.

"Magic." I say with a smile and she laughs. I place my arm over her shoulder and start walking towards the castle. "You were saying my love."

"Snow wants to continue the tradition of the New Years Eve ball. I never liked it and I don't want people from all over the land in my castle. Everyone thinks of me as the Evil Queen and they would just ostracize me."

"You're not evil anymore. Don't you think that your subjects should see that you've changed? They should at least give you a second chance."

"Why are you always right? Can you just let me be right for once?" She says as she wraps an arm around my waist.

"I just have a better judgement. I would let you be right but where's the fun in that?" I say as I fiddle with her long hair.

"Are you saying I have a bad judgement?"

"Of course not. It's just that your judgement is clouded by my looks." She laughs and shrugs my arm off her shoulder.

"You are such a flirt Robin of Locksley." She says and I open the door for her. She walks inside and I follow close behind her.

"Go tell Snow that the ball is happening. We will go and have lots of fun. What do you say?" I say as I wrap my arms around her waist and lay my head on her shoulder.

"I'm not usually persuaded this easily but your looks are clouding my judgement." She says with a laugh.

"Now go tell Snow. I will see you later." I say and I release my hold on her. She smiles at me and walks away.

"Hey, Robin!" I hear Little John yell from behind. I turn around to him with a smile.

"What do I owe the pleasure Little John?" I say as he walks up closer to me.

"I just wanted to have a little chat with you." Little John says as he fiddles with his beard.

"You don't want to talk. Whenever you fiddle with your beard you want something. What is it that you want?"