Chapter Ten

"You will rue this day Rumplestiltskin." I say to myself.

How can I just drop everything I rebuilt for myself? How can I just sacrifice everything for something that might not even work? I don't need this in my life right now.

I have Robin and Roland. Snow is practically depending on me to guide her through her pregnancy. I can't do all of this by myself.

"Are you okay? What did the Dark One want?" Robin says reentering the room.

"How do you know him?" I say as I turn my head to look at him.

"I stole something from him a while back. What does he want from you?"

"He wants me to cast another curse. I would have to sacrifice the thing I love most and I don't see that happening. I love you too much to let you go. I fought so hard for happiness and I intend to have it for as long as possible."

"I'm your happiness?" Robin asks while walking towards me.

"Of course you're my happiness. You're my second chance at love, my soulmate, my everything. I can't just kill you because the stupid imp wants me too."

"What if he's right? You could be with Henry again."

"At the expense of killing you? I don't think so."

"You would have him back. That's all you've ever wanted. You fought so hard to be with him. Why stop now?"

"He was the only one that loved me. Now, I have you and you love me. There is a chance that I could lose both of you. There is no chance in hell that I would do that!"

"Regina..."

"Stop, Robin. I love you too much to let you go. Hell, I just said 'I love you' for the first time ten minutes ago."

"If I was ever gone at least you would have someone."

"Get out! Get out, get out! I don't want to talk to you anymore! Just leave me alone!" I yell at him as cold tears fall down my boiling hot cheeks.

"I'm not going to leave you." He says as he wipes the tears off my face. He wraps his arms around me and I completely let my walls down and start crying.

It's not clear what I'm crying about exactly. It could be a wide plethora of things. Robin wanting to stay and comfort me. Rumple being so wickedly stupid. The thought of being with Henry again. Fighting with Emma over the most stupidest things.

Robin smoothes down my hair and runs circles on my back. My breathing evens out and eventually the tears stop pouring out my eyes. He still holds me and I don't want him to stop.

"Are you okay now?" He whispers into my ear. I shake my head 'no' and he holds me tighter. As he whispers sweet words into my ear I realize that I won't do it.

I love Henry and he won't even be able to remember me. He will have a great life with Emma and she will be a great mom. Even if I did cast the curse he wouldn't remember me.

Why would Rumple offer this? He must've known that he wouldn't remember me. That imp just wants me vulnerable at all times. God, I hate that man.

"Robin, I'm fine now. You can still hug me though." I say as I grab his brown shirt.

"I'm not ready to let go of you yet. I don't think I'll ever be."

"Oh, isn't that sweet. The soulmates are together. The sight would make any one weak at the knee." Rumple says with his unorthodox laugh. Robin immediately shields my body from Rumple.

"What do you want, Dark One?" Robin says.

"Just a little something." He says as he walks closer to us. Robin tenses up as he walks closer to us.