Chapter Eleven

It's been a very long month. Snow is almost back to normal and she had mourned her child. Charming is his normal un-charming self and he helped Snow out of her slump.

Roland fell while playing with his friends and sprained his ankle. The ordeal was quite exhausting and Roland was very dramatic. Fortunately, the excitement of his birthday weakened the pain.

Robin was the worst of all. He's been very distant and I have no idea why. On occasion he will kiss me but nothing deep and passionate. He wouldn't even hold me in his arms for even a second.

So, today the first time I've seen him all week. I try to act like the sophisticated Queen that I am. I see him down the hall and I yell his name. He decides to ignore me and I do what every respectful woman would do: run down the hall and shove him against the stone walls.

"What the hell Robin? What's wrong? Did I do something wrong? Why won't you talk to me?" I scream/whispered in his face. He just looked at me with those sad blue eyes and I immediately let him go.

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. If you don't love me anymore it's completely understandable."

"I still love you Regina." He says. Oh thank god I think as I let out a breath I was holding in.

"Then tell me what's wrong. You can tell me anything." I say as I wipe a fallen tear from his face.

"Today is the day that Marian died. I just can't look at you without being reminded of her."

"I'm so sorry Robin." I say as I wrap my arms around his torso. He wraps his arms around me and cradles my head.

"I'm sorry I've been so distant. I didn't mean to shut you out like that. I still love you."

"I love you too." I say as I kiss his cheek. "Can you do me a favor?"

"Of course, what is it?" He says as he tenderly holds my cheek.

"Go bathe, you smell absolutely horrid. When was the last time you bathed?" I say with a small smile. He just shakes his head and hugs me tighter.

"Robin, I'm actually serious. You smell like a sack of onions that sat in the sun for forty years." I say while exaggerating the truth.

"Fine, I'll be back though." He says as he lets the hug fall. He walks away with a smile on his face. I did that. I made him smile again.

I turn around and explore the halls. I didn't have any plans for today and I would like to keep it that way. I wandered out into the gardens and admired every flower. During my reign the gardens weren't as beautiful as they were now. Who wants to tend the garden of someone who constantly threatens you?

My fingertips lightly brush over the plethora of flowers. The flowers ranged in colors from light pink and yellows to dark reds and off white. The smell was glorious and it felt nice to just stop and smell the roses. It was relaxing and somewhat therapeutic.

A blood curdling screech filled the air along with the sound of heavy wings flapping. By habit I summon a ball of fire and I'm ready to protect myself at all costs.

The flying monkey comes closer to me and it doesn't seem dangerous. It ungraciously lands on the ground in front of me. I notice something around its neck.

I walk towards it and reach my hand out. It remains calm as I take the piece of parchment off its neck. It loudly screeches then flies away. I unravel the note and read it.

"What the hell?" I quickly walk into the castle and look for a guard. The first one I see is walking away from me. "Hey blondie! Over here!" He turns around and walks towards me.