Chapter Eight

I bolted upright and I'm breathing heavily. My forehead has beads of sweat running all through it. My dress is tightly clung to my body.

That was the worst dream ever. How could something so real be so fake? I remove my hands from the black sheets and swing my feet over the bed. The door swings open to a rather bloated Snow.

"What time is it?" I ask her immediately shutting her up from droning on about her day.

"It's a little after four. I want to ask how the talk with Robin was?"

"Umm, it was great. We came to an understanding. What day is it?"

"It's Friday. Are you sick or something?"

"Nope, perfectly fine." I say as I walk towards her and hug her.

"You're definitely sick." Snow mumbles into my shoulder. I stand there for a few moments with my stepdaughter wrapped in my arms. A tear fell down my face as I recalled that will never have this, a chance to have a child.

"Regin- am I interrupting something?" Robin says as he stands by the doorway. I feel the need to be with him. I release my hold on Snow and run into Robin's arms.

"I missed you." I whisper into his shoulder.

"Is she sick?" Robin asks.

"Most likely. She's never been this nice before." Snow says from behind me.

"Would you rather I incinerate the both of you and dance on your ashes?"

"Now, that's more like it. That sounds like the Regina we all know and love." Snow says sarcastically. I break the hug from Robin and I look at her.

"You can leave now."

"Well that's rude." She says as she exits the room.

"Are you ready?" Robin asks me.

"Ready for what?"

"You promised to see Roland. Are you sure you're okay? You seem really out of it." He says while holding my arms steady.

"I'm fine. I just had the weirdest nightmare ever."

"You want to talk about it?"

"No, let's go shall we." I say as I pull his arm and lead him out the room. "Where's Roland?"

"He's in my room." He says and I whisk away to his room. When the cloud of magic clears Robin stumbles back.

"Give me a warning next time." He says as he rests his hands on his knees.

"Gina!" I hear Roland yell as he runs into the room. He runs into me and hugs my legs tightly. "I missed you!" He mumbles into my skirt.

I pick him up and place him on my hip. I give him a kiss on his dimple. His smile grew as his cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

"I missed you more Roland. What would you like to do? We can do anything your little heart desires!" I say while bopping his nose.

"I want to play in the snow!" He says with a small giggle.

"Roland, don't you know that it's August?" Robin says while composing himself.

"I said anything and the boy shall play in the snow."

"Can we go now?" Roland asks impatiently.

"Of course my little prince. Let's go!" I say with a wide smile on my face. Roland shimmies out of my arms and runs out the door. I turn around to see Robin staring at me with a wide grin on his face.