Chapter Twelve

In the spirit of Christmas I decided that I should go see my sister. I held it off for about a month now. I can't keep risking the safety of my kingdom. I wrote a short note asking my 'sister' where I should meet her. Ten minutes later I got a note saying to meet her at one of the abandoned villages.

Now, I'm in a carriage on my way to visit her. I lied to Robin and said that I was just going for a short drive to clear my head. I knew he thought something wasn't right so I left first thing in the morning. As I approached the village I noticed a few changes that she made. Instead of the little houses and huts a giant castle stood in the middle of the land.

"You can stop the carriage now." I say to the driver. I gather my skirt and step out the carriage.

I walk over to the castle and the doors immediately open for me. I walk in to see that the castle was filled with shades of silvers and greens. Standing in front of me was a woman with wild red curls on top of her head. She looks nothing like me and I highly doubt that we are related.

"Hello, Regina. It's great to finally meet you." She says with an accent I can't place the origin of.

"It's nice to meet you Zelena. Why exactly am I here?" I ask as I keep a safe distance away from her.

"I'll tell you in just a minute. Would you like some tea?" She says and I reluctantly agree.

She motions for me to follow her. We walk down a hallway and I admire the architecture of her castle. It was very modern and had all these colors of green. I was never fond of green but this light green caught my eye.

"What's with all the green?" I ask her as we continue to walk.

"It's my color. I admire the color green for its character. I love it like you love the color black. Even though you're more of a purple person." She says and we finally arrive at the sitting room.

"How did you know that?" I say as I take a seat next to her on the couch.

"I'll admit it. Sometimes I would watch you so I would know what to expect from you. You're a really nice person once someone gets to know you. Your also great with children and Robin absolutely loves you." She says as she pours the tea.

"Stop watching me that's creepy. Now what am I doing here?" I say as I grab a cup of tea.

"I just wanted a relationship with my little sister. Wouldn't it be great to be a family for a bit?"

"A bit? Are you going somewhere?"

"I'm just going back to my land. I'm originally from Oz."

"Interesting. Is there anything specific you want to talk about?" I ask her trying to get to the point.

"How did our mother treat you? Was she a good mother."

"No, she was a terrible mother. She wronged me so many times in my life and justified it by saying she loved me. She wasn't the best mother and she thought she was doing her best."

"Oh, that's unfortunate to hear. Is there a way I can contact her?"

"No, she died. Her past came back to haunt her and she was murdered."

"Did you ever forgive her for wronging you?"

"Yes, right before she died."

"I enjoyed talking to you. Maybe next time I can come and meet your family?"

"That would be great. It was nice talking to my sister."

"Same here. I believe you should go though. I think your family is waiting for you to return."