Jocelyn's River: Chapter 18

A recovering alcoholic, Nicolas came back down to Waterloo from New Orleans to free himself of a stain on his heart.  This stain was none other than his relationship with his past lover and son.  He left twenty-two years ago and life began to decay.  The presence of even less fortunate and malicious men provoked him.

            I had no aunts or uncles on his side.  My grandfather bared the curse of being abusive and it plague my father.  The Lord banished it, cast it out, and made him a new man.

            I invited him back to the apartment where we sat at the kitchen table drinking root beer.  We barely talked.  I guess he just enjoyed my company.  On my part, I was still wary.  He was merely a stranger.

            “You done grew up well, Riv,” he complimented.  “I hate I was ignorant and missed part of your life.”

            No response came from me.  I turned up the bottle of root beer to my lips and slouched in the chair.

            “You got yourself a pretty lady?”

            I didn't look up in his eyes even though I felt them on me and it irritated me for some odd reason.  My root beer that sat in front of me held my eyes and I ran a finger down the chilled dampness of the glass bottle, imprinting a temporary line.

            “In my imagination,” I gave him a delirious answer.

            “What?”

            “It's complicated,” I explained.  “I don't much feel like talkin' about it anyway.”

            “Oh.”

            Elaborating might just make me cry, so I did not do it.  My chest was already aching.

            “Son,” he started and stopped.  He beamed at me.  “You don't know how good it feels to be able to call you that face to face, but I know you must've hated me all these years and I understand.  I want ya to know that I will try my best not to rush into things.    You don't know me and you will after a while.”

            “Okay,” I replied.  “Thank you.”

            He smiled without showing his teeth.  “I reckon I better get on outta here and go sign myself in to a motel,” he said as he pushed the chair back from the table and rose to stand on his feet.

            He held out his hand to me and shook it politely. 

            “I hope to see you again soon, ya hear,” he uttered and I only nodded my head sadly.  “Rest up, my boy.  Things'll turn out better in the end.”

            My father gave me a pat on the shoulder and then he walked out the door without another word.

            The clock ticked away on the wall and it drove me insane.  The phone rang off the wall and  I ignored it.  After he left, I stayed seated at the table, but then I grew wearier.  I rid my body of the coat, tie, and shirt and left on a wife beater.  I got up and laid down on the couch.  A storm brewed inside of me as the death of my mother crashed on my brain.  My mama was gone.  My head ached and I tried my best not to think until I realized the stupidity in the action.  'She's in God's hands,' I thought to myself.

            Hours passed on.  Night greeted day and bid him farewell until his next day at work.  I was sure that it was my aunt and uncle who had called me earlier; however, I did not feel like being bothered.  They had company at their house and they most likely wanted to drag me over to be looked upon with pitiful eyes.

            A knock sounded on the door.  I was immobile and wanted to scream “to hell with you!” but I was beat.  Again, the person knocked and somehow, I had the strength to rise and stroll to the door.  The moment I opened it, all of my surroundings vanished except for Jocelyn.  I looked down at her and she looked up at me with blurry eyes and her head tilted to the side.  She stood in the doorway with her hair hanging loose pass her shoulders, and she wore jeans and a blue blouse with white polka dots.

            “River,” she gasped.

            Wasting no time, I pulled her in, engulfed her body in my arms and shut the door behind us.  She cried and shivered while I held her.  It was an overwhelming experience to have my love here in my time of need.

            “You will get through this,” she encouraged me through snivels.

            We stayed in the same position and shed tears in silence.  Minutes later, Jocelyn had something to say.  She pulled back and looked up into my eyes. 

            “I have to tell you something,” she said and I slid my hands to her waist to give her room.  “I have been a stupid and confused little girl.  I didn't know what I needed or wanted.  These past few days have been amazing, River and I wouldn't trade them for anything in this world.  And it took these days for me to realize that I--”

            “You do love me,” I finished her sentence with a crooked smile and I also made a smile appear on her delicious lips.

            “I do,” she nodded her head and tears fell down her cheeks.  I wanted to kiss them away.  “Always have and always will.”

            I did not need to hear anymore.

            “Come here,” I whispered and bit my bottom lip.

            Aggressively, I pulled her to me and tasted her lips.  Jocelyn moaned my name.  When I heard the sound of my name come from her mouth, I lifted her from the floor and she trapped my waist in her legs.  I carried her to my bedroom and placed her on the bed, kissing her the whole way.  Our breathing was hysterical.  It was like our hearts had been clogged up and now the excess feelings were gone and what needed to be there was there.

            “Damn!”  I cussed under my breath after I pulled my shirt over my head and watched her unbutton her blouse to reveal her breast that wanted to be free of the bra.  Her chest rose and fell and I examined the movement of her breast.  I tasted every inch of her face, neck, and shoulders and craved for more

            Quickly, I undid my belt and stepped out of my pants and underwear.  Forcing her to lay back on the bed, I kissed her and positioned myself where I was hovering over her with my palms flat on the bed on both sides of her head.  Her hands ran from my chest to my abdomen, sending tingles all over my body.

            “You wanna do this?”  I asked after pecking her on the tip of her nose.

            “Yeah,” she sighed.

            I backed up and slid my tongue from the middle of her chest to her waist which made her arch her back and moan in delight.  I stopped at the top hem of her yellow panties.  For a minute, I paused and looked up at her face.  She was unfastening her bra.

            “You sure?”

            “Uh-huh,” she answered and tossed the bra to the other side of the room.

            Her round and beautiful breast were bared to me and my manhood seemed to grow harder.  A growl built up at the back of my throat.  Ever so slowly, I slid her panties down and dropped them to the floor.  Bending my head, my tongue made its way in-between the lips of her womanhood and then I bit the inside of her upper thigh, teasing her.  She said my name and I knew it was time.  Jocelyn jerked her hips up and I grabbed them, lifted her legs, and encircled them around my waist.  I slid in while staring straight into her eyes.