Telling Everybody

Josh’s eye’s opened really wide. He didn’t move he just kept looking at me. “Oh my god,” Corlynn whispered. Josh still didn’t reply. Why isn’t he saying something? “Josh say something.” I said just above a whisper. I could feel the tears coming to my eyes. “Please say something. Please, say anything” A tear rolled down my check. He finally moved and wiped the tear away. “Ho-How far along are you?” He asked stuttering. “I don’t know maybe three weeks.” I said looking over to Corlynn. “Oh my god.” Josh said.  I looked back at him. “Josh.” I said looking down to our hands.  “Yeah sweetheart?”“I’m scared. I’m not anywhere ready to be a parent.” I said. “I’m scared too. And I’m definitely not ready for a kid. Look at me I’m in rehab.” I looked up to and gave him a hug. “How long are you going to be in here for?” I asked. I was still holding on to him. “I have no clue but I’m not missing the birth of my child.” I smiled when he said the birth of his child. I pulled away from Josh and looked at Corlynn. “What am I going to do? My mother is going to freak out.” I said. “Don’t worry hunny. She’ll understand.” My eyes widened. I looked over to Spencer. “My dad...” I said. “What about him?” Corlynn asked.

“He is going to kill me. You don’t understand” “Amanda.” Spencer said. “I know you don’t even talk to him a lot so you just don’t have to tell him.” I looked up to Spencer. “You’re right. I guess.” “I’ll be back.” Corlynn said. She walked out of the room and shut the door behind her. “This is really going to suck.” Josh said. “What do you mean?” I asked. “My girlfriends pregnant with my first child and I’m not going to be able to be there for you along the way. I’ll be stuck in here.” Josh said and but upset. “Josh you will be here. I’m going to see you every day if they let me. You’ll see everything. I promise.” I said. He nodded. “When they’re born we’re going to need to find a place to stay.”  “Oh shit I guess I’m going to have to work a lot more now.” “I wish I could help you with this…”

“You are.”

“How?” “You’re getting better for me and that will benefit the baby.” I said looking around the room. “I guess.” “Yup.” “This is going to be a long nine months.” He sighed. “You’ve got that right.” I sighed. That’s when Corlynn came back in. “So I asked again when you can leave here.” Josh’s head flew up. “When?” “In six months.” “What?” Josh said upset. “I’m to miss so much this sucks.” Josh said as he fell backward on his bed. “You will not miss anything I promise Josh.” I said looking down to him. “Okay.” He sighed. “I’m sorry to say but visiting time is over,” said the nurse that brought us here. “You have 5 minutes to say your good byes.” I stood up and walked over to Corlynn. Josh sat up and looked at the three of us. He hugged Corlynn and gave Spencer an hand shake.

“We’ll give you two a minute together.” Corlynn said. As Spencer and her walked out. “I guess this is goodbye for now.” I said as he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. “I guess. I’m going to miss you so much.” He said into my hair.“I’m going to miss you too.” I said. He moved his head and gave me a kiss. Josh pulled away when Corlynn knocked on the door. He gave me a little smile and then crouched dawn and kissed my stomach. He stood back up and kissed my forehead. “You’ll be okay without me till I’m out of here.” He said. “I’ll try.” I said as I gave him one more hug and left the room. I walked into the lobby where Corlynn and Spencer were standing. I looked at them and smiled. “That was fun.” I said being sarcastic. Spencer laughed and we walked back out to Corlynn’s car. When we got in the car we didn’t talk until we got half way home. “Amanda if you ever need anything ever. I’ll be here for you.” Corlynn said. I smiled.

“Thank you.” I said and looked out the window for the rest of the ride home. When we pulled up to the house we all got out and went our different ways. I guess it’s time to tell my family. We walked into the house and I could hear my brother Matt, Sam, and my mother in the kitchen. I walked in slowly. When I walked in everyone looked at me. Matt was the first one to talk. “What’s up with you?” He said. I gave a weak smiled and sat down at the table. “Well I went to the doctors today.” Everyone seemed like it was no big deal because they all thought it was the flu. “And?” Sam asked. “Well.” I paused and looked at the ground. How am I going to phrase this? “What!? Spit it out girly!” Matt yelled. “Well it’s not the flu for sure.” “Okay get to your point” Matt said. He’s never good at waiting for anything. “Well you’re going to be an uncle.” I said looking up at him. “Mom, you’re going to be a grandmother.” I said looking to my mother. All of their jaw’s dropped.

“Amanda you’re lying.” Matt said. I looked up at him and shook my head.

“I’m not”

“Holy shit! Did you go over and tell Josh?” My mother said. “Well I can tell you this. Josh isn’t going to be around for most of this.” “What do you mean?” My mother said looking pissed. I sighed. “Mom yesterday Josh left for rehab. I was just there was Corlynn to tell him. He is getting out in six months.” I said. “Why’d he go to rehab?” She asked pissed off. “He was addicted to Heroin.” “You’re dating a heroin addict.” I sighed. “He’s getting help.” “Amanda if you weren’t having his child I’d send you to your fathers to make sure you didn’t see him again.” Okay that hurt she’s just pushing it now. “Mum I’m not having this conversation with you right now. I have a lot more to deal with.” I said and got up and walked down to my room. I pulled out my phone and called Allison. “Hey! What’s up?”

“Hey! Um. A lot actually what about you?” “Nothing just at work.” I laughed. “I was just going to ask you something about that.” I said and walked over to my dresser and pulled out my work clothes. “Okay ask away!” She said sounding like she was in a really good mood. “Well I was wondering if you wanted me to come in today.” I said. “Sure! Can you be here in 20 minutes?” “Yup” I paused. “And do you think I could come in a lot more I kind of really need money.” “Yeah that’s not a big problem.” I smiled. “Okay I’ll be there in twenty minutes.” I hung up and got changed really fast. I put my hair in a ponytail and put some make-up on to hide the bags under my eyes. Shit I need a ride.

/Matty can you give me a ride to work. If you do, you get to see Allison.- Manda

I walked up to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle and sat in the kitchen. My phone went off. Matt had texted me back.

/Yeah I’m on my way over now./ I smiled and got my jacket and stood outside and wait for Matt to pull up. About two minutes later Matt showed up. I walked down and got in the car. “What’s up?” He smiled and pulled away from the house. “I saw Josh today” “And how was he?” he asked as he turned off the street. “He’s good but I had to tell him that he’s a baby daddy now.” “What?” Matt said as we stopped at a stop light. “I’m pregnant” “Holy shit Amanda” Matt said as he started driving again.

“I know. We both are panicking at this point. We have like no money to support this baby. And he’s in rehab for six months.” I said looking over to Matt. “This is going to be one hell of a year.” He said as he pulled into the Starbucks parking lot. We both got out and walked in. I got straight to work after I told Allison the news. She had the same reaction Matt had. I laughed I’m starting to get used to all of this. For the rest of the night until like 11 I was working. I walked out into the parking lot to see my car in perfect shape. I walked over and unlocked it. I can finally drive around by myself now. I passed the Shoppers Drug Mart and I got a good idea. I’m going to be having a kid and I’m going to need diapers so I should buy a pack every week until I have the baby. I turned into the parking lot and parked the car. I got out and walked into the store. I walked over the area where they kept the diapers and walked over to the cash.

 I placed them on the counter and took out my debit card and looked up to see Jason still here. This time he wasn’t shocked he just scanned them and I paid and left. I walked back out to my car and drove home. I turned on the radio and Shake Tramp came on. I smiled and turned it up. I drove home singing along to the lyrics. When it was over I turned the radio down and got home. I walked into the house and took off my shoes. I walked down into my room and put the diapers under my bed. I got changed and went to bed.