Finding Josh

Amanda's P.O.V.

I jumped in the shower really quickly and got changed as fast as I could. Even though it was really flipping cold outside, I was wearing grey leggings and my blue v-neck with a grey throw over just like my white and red one.  We need to find Josh, for God's sakes he could be dead. I can't let that happen to him. I did my hair straight like normal, and then I did my make up and ran upstairs.  I walked over to the fridge and grabbed a coke zero. I went over into the living room and sat down waiting for Matt to come so we could go look for Josh. I sighed. I got up and started pacing the room. This was the slowest 45 minutes of my life. I walked upstairs to find Jess on the computer talking to one of his friends from school. I leaned against the door watching him talk to his friend. I stood up again and started walking over to my mother’s room. I opened the door to find her, yet again, not there. She was never here always working or she's gone trying to make friends. I sighed…

*****KNOCK KNOCK********** Matt was here. I ran down the stairs to the door to find Jason standing at the door. Shit. I opened the door and walked outside and shut the door behind me. "Hey" I said as I pulled out my phone. "Hey" "So what brings you here?" I asked as I started texting Matt asking him where he was. "I was just wondering if you wanted to um go out with me. I've been waiting so long to ask you this." My head shot up and I looked at him. I thought he knew that I had Josh. Oh my god. "Well are you going to answer me or not?" He said starting to get mad that I didn't say anything. "Look Jason I-" I got cut off because of my phone ringing. "One second sorry" I hit talk and put the phone up to my ear. "Hello" I said as I looked at Jason and smiled a little. "Are you ready? I'm turning down Acadia now." Matt said. I put up one finger to Jason to tell him I'd be right back. "Yeah I just have to put on my shoes." I turned around and opened the door and put on my black moccasins and grabbed a black sweater off the rack and walked back outside. I shut the door and looked at Jason who had his back to me. "Okay I will see you in like 10 seconds."

"Okay see you soon." I said as I hung up the phone and walked over to Jason. "Look Jason" I said as I started walking down the driveway. He followed close behind me the hold time. "Yeah?" He said as I saw Matt's car coming. I sighed and turned to face Jason. "I'm sorry but I have a boyfriend." His face dropped. I heard Matt's car pull up behind me. I started backing up towards the car. "Come on Amanda please! Just give me a chance." I looked back and started walking normal. I got to the passenger seat door. "I'm sorry Jason but I'm in love with him and can't leave him." I said as I opened the door and got in. I shut the door and gave Matt a hug. "Okay let us find Mr. Ramsay shall we." I said as Matt hit the gas. "Yes…. But where would he be???" "I have no damn clue." "Let’s start near Starbucks first." I nodded. We didn't talk, we drove over to Starbucks. We pulled into the parking lot and I rushed out of the car and ran into the store to see if Allison had seen him. I ran into the doors. And everyone looked at me. There was a huge line. I run to the front and looked at Allison.

"Amanda what's wrong?" She asked ignoring the person who was in front of the line. As I went to answer someone walked in. I snapped my neck towards the door and saw it was just Matt. I sighed and looked back to Allison. "Josh. He’s missing." I said as I ran out of breath "Have you seen him?" I asked. She looked at me and her smile faded. "I'm sorry Hunny the last time I saw him was last night." I sighed and turned to me right to see Matt. I turned to him and put my head in his chest trying not to cry. He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a hug. I pulled away and walked out of Starbucks."Okay Josh where are you?" I whispered to myself. I started walking down the street until Matt caught up to me. "Amanda come we'll just take the car and look it'll be easier." He said as I started walking again. "I don't want to take the car." I said as we started passing little stores and dark alleys. We passed a little shop I looked through the window and saw a happy couple sitting and having a there lunch. I looked down at the ground and keep walking. I looked down an alley and saw someone siting against the wall. I stopped and looked. "Matt come!" I said as I grabbed his arm and started pulling him with me. "Do you think it's him?" I asked as we entered the alley.

"It's probably a hobo." He said. I sighed and kept walking. As we got closer I started seeing some details of the person. I stopped. My heart dropped.  It was Josh. He was still only wearing a t-shirt and his jeans and he looks like he's sleeping. I looked at Matt. He let go of my arm and walked over to him. I walked for to the front so I could see Josh’s face. Matt kneeled beside him. "Josh?" Matt said putting a hand on his shoulder .He started to lightly shake him. "Josh? It's time to come home." Josh didn't move. Oh my god please dear god move. Matt sighed and started shaking Josh a bit harder. "Josh?" He started to move. I knee led down at Josh's feet. "Babe please wake up." I said as started opening his eye's a bit. He looked over to Matt then over to me. I took my jacket off and put it on his white/blue-ish arms. "Can you get up?" I asked. He shrugged and closed his eyes again. I looked at Matt. "Go get the car"

He nodded and I ran down the alley. I moved to where Matt was. I sat down beside Josh. He had his eye's open, he looked over to me. I put my arms around him trying to warm him up. I put my head in between his neck and shoulder and waited for Matt to come back. I heard the car pull up at the bottom of the alley. I moved my head off of him and looked at him. "Josh you’re going to have to get up now okay." He nodded. I got up and got in front of his legs. I put my feet on his and held my hands out for him to take. He placed his hands in mine and I pulled him up. I took my jacket and moved it to his shoulder's to try and keep him warm. I wrapped my arm around his waist and started walking to Matt's car. Slowly but surely we got there. I opened the front door for Josh. He sat down. I leaned over him and put on his belt and got into the backseat. Matt blasted the heat for Josh. We drove home and took Josh to his house. We walked in with Josh looking like a mess.

"Joshua! Where were you!?" His mother said sounding really upset at him. I looked at Matt. I was still holding Josh. He didn't say anything. He just stood there. His mother looked at him weird. She looked at me and I smiled trying to make it look like nothing was wrong. I started walking down the basement with him. I pushed past his mother. She didn't really care at this point… I walked him in to his room. I lay him down on his bed. He smiled and grabbed my hand. His skin was slowly going back to normal. I leaned down and kissed him. His lips are still really cold. I feel so bad for him but at the same time I don't because he did it himself. "You really scared me you know." I said as I looked down to the ground. "I know I'm sorry. I didn't mean to I had to. I'm so sorry. I love you." "I love you too Josh but please don't do to again." I said looking him in the eye.

"I'll try not to sweetheart." I gave him a hug. "Thank you." I said as I stood up about to leave him alone with Matt. "Where are you going?" Josh asked as I was about to walk through the door. "I have to go study for exams." "Okay text me." He said. I smiled and nodded. I walked up satires and out the door. I went home and sat down in front of all my notes I had to start studying. This is the best way to spend a Friday afternoon. Woo hoo.