Chapter 19

Eventually all the tears dried and I needed to sleep. I had a headache from all the crying of the night. Sam agreed with me but didn't say anything. He got up and went to go shower. I laid down and my eyes closed almost instantly.

The water ran from both the sink and the shower. Sam was showering, and Dean was burshing his teeth, I thought.

But no. I was almost asleep when the side of my bed plunged down, me falling towards whatever forced it down; which turned out to be Dean. My eyes were still closed because I refused to open them, but the next thing I knew, he was removing the blankets, his voice coaxing me out, and I was too tired to argue with him, so I kicked all the blankets off of me. Dean chuckled, and I was immediately cold and wet.

I sat up too quickly, and my headache increased. "What the hell, Dean?" I growled.

He wasn't laughing or smiling when I looked at him. His face was unreadable, except for his frown, but the vibes I got from him weren't angry ones.

"It's okay, Jules," he whispered. "I'm just cleaning your wounds."

Nodding, I laid back down and let him. The water was cold and soon goosebumps covering my body. I started to shiver and finally Dean said, "Allright, you're all good."

He started to stand up and leave, but I grabbed his arm and pulled him into me for a hug, without giving him any thought to move away. I felt like I needed to thank him for a lot of stuff, like taking care of me, being pretty patient to me, and for just now, cleaning my wounds. My head dug into his chest and I silently thanked him.

His shoulders, which were tight before, loosened and he wrapped his strong arms around me. I didn't want to let go, because it was so nice to have a brother that obviously cared about me. I mean, my mom and dad always cared about me, and nothing could convince me that Alyssa never cared about me, but other than that, there wasn't ever anyone that would hold me, like real family. I had aquantiences, but honestly, not many people enjoyed spending time with me, whether it was because I loved studying about fictional creatures, or that I was too outspoken and awkward at the same time.

Dean started to stand up, but I quickly grabbed his arm. He looked down at me in confusion. "Dean," I said. "Thank you."

The corner of his mouth lifted up and he nodded. My eyes drifted closed as I leaned back, and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out.

~

People have reoccuring dreams. I had never figured out why I had this particular dream (I failed my psychology class when we talked about dream meanings), but I knew there was reasoning behind it.

My dream started out the same as it always did. I was there, amidst all my peers, the ones I had grown up with since day one. This time, though, there was a difference, small, but so shockingly obvious it made all the difference in the world.

I was at my old school, just walking. I had no place to be, nor did I have a particular place where I wanted to go. I just... went.

People littered the halls, some walking by themsevles, seeming in a rush, and others in groups, not caring if they made it to their destination in time. My smile was seen by many but ignored by all. Soon I stopped smiling. And time seemed to slow down. The crowd of people got thinner and thinner until there was only me, standing outside the front doors, alone.

This is when it changed to something new, something I had never dreamt before. The dark blue sky suddenly turned dark grey, and a blurry figure stood in front of me. The blurriness wasn't the kind of blurry that people saw without their glasses. Everything was sharp except the dark, misshapen thing. I could only make out a few key aspects: where the head was, the white, long teeth, and the eyes, which, unlike its body, was so sharp I could feel it piercing straight into and through my body.